Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mikaela Mayer: Great To Have Fans Back, Looking Forward To That Element For My First Title Defense

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Mikaela Mayer: Great To Have Fans Back, Looking Forward To That Element For My First Title Defense

There was never a moment for as long as she has been a boxer where Mikaela Mayer couldn't envision herself one day becoming world champion. The only thing that didn't go according to plan on the night she brought that to fruition were the surrounding parts. Her one-sided ten-round unanimous decision victory over previously unbeaten Ewa Brodnicka was a performance befitting a title-winning effort last Halloween at MGM Grand Conference Center in Las Vegas. Only, it came without fans in attendance due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic and the post-fight celebration lacked an actual title to hoist in the air due to botched communication between the Nevada State Athletic Commission and the WBO.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I watch women's boxing but there's only a handful of female fighters that I enjoy watching fight stylistically. Mayer is one of them, she doesn't have much pop but Mitchell, Koroma and company have imbued a very nice, effective style of fighting long and using her athleticism.

Comment

Mayer vs Taylor, make it happen

Comment

Once Terri Harper has recovered from her hand injury, I look forward to Harper v Mayer in the very near future. I think that would be a great fight!

Comment

Working...
        X