Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Fury: Going To Stamp My Claim, It's Going To Be Same Deontay Wilder We've Already Seen

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Fury: Going To Stamp My Claim, It's Going To Be Same Deontay Wilder We've Already Seen

Tyson Fury isn't convinced that even a new head trainer will be able to rid Deontay Wilder of his old habits. The topic came up during a press conference held Tuesday afternoon at The Novo by Microsoft at L.A. Live in downtown Los Angeles, where the pair of heavyweights were on hand to formally announce their trilogy fight. The two will meet July 24 on a joint Pay-Per-View presented by ESPN and Fox Sports from T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, taking place 17 months after their rematch which saw Fury score a 7th round knockout of the previously unbeaten Wilder to win the WBC heavyweight title and reestablish championship lineage in the division.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Wilder can't outbox Fury, and I don't think Joshua can either. He just has to go in throwing bombs and hoping for the best, but with a bit more technical skill than before.

Comment

"Correct balance, good punching... and it's an attitude that's instilled. That's what Kronk is. Kronk is not a gym, it's an attitude. That's what I think. That's what Kronk is to me, it's an attitude. It's I'm going to go out there and take this guy out. Get a knockout." -- Andy Lee on training Fury

"I'm adding on to everything that he already do." -- Malik Scott on training Wilder.

Comment

There is one fundamental fact here: UNLESS SCOTT HAS TAUGHT WILDER HOW TO FIGHT OFF THE BACKFOOT THIS WILL BE THE SAME OR WORSE FOR WILDER.

Just watch that last video on IG Wilder put up... That is edited into brief highlights, and he still goes to cross his legs over moving backwards. So Fury is right - what the f*** is he going to do when he has a 300lbs Fury putting him on the backfoot, throwing clubbing shots and herking jerking all over the place! Wilder will be flailing, offbalance and unable to do anything offensively.

Wilder has a very real punchers chance, and that is it.

Comment

Originally posted by springfiels View Post
          There is one fundamental fact here: UNLESS SCOTT HAS TAUGHT WILDER HOW TO FIGHT OFF THE BACKFOOT THIS WILL BE THE SAME OR WORSE FOR WILDER.

Just watch that last video on IG Wilder put up... That is edited into brief highlights, and he still goes to cross his legs over moving backwards. So Fury is right - what the f*** is he going to do when he has a 300lbs Fury putting him on the backfoot, throwing clubbing shots and herking jerking all over the place! Wilder will be flailing, offbalance and unable to do anything offensively.

Very fair assessment. Couldn’t agree more
          springfiels springfiels likes this.

Comment

I'm actually starting to wonder if the training videos are a ruse, has Scott actually trained anyone, some of the Trainers comments online have been scathing.

On the other hand Deas always said he trained Wilder but he got in the ring and ignored eberything he said, he was laughing about it at the time and I thought that's not good.

Originally posted by springfiels View Post

Comment

Originally posted by DougalDylan View Post
              I'm actually starting to wonder if the training videos are a ruse, has Scott actually trained anyone, some of the Trainers comments online have been scathing.

On the other hand Deas always said he trained Wilder but he got in the ring and ignored eberything he said, he was laughing about it at the time and I thought that's not good.

Can't see it, Wilder is one of the most egotistical and fragile men in boxing, he thinks those videos are legit.

His footwork is comically bad, it's almost insulting to the sweet science he has the run as WBC champ he did - that power is crazy though.

After his performance at the press conference yesterday, I think Fury ends this in 4-5 rounds.

Comment

The same Deontay Wilder that never quits, without Mark Breland there to stop him form whooping your ass?

Comment

Wilder is either the second best or third best heavyweight in the world. He’s an Olympic bronze medalist. He’s a world champion that reigned for 5 years with what, 10 title defences? He has the highest knockout ratio of any heavyweight champion in history of the Marquis of Queensbury era of boxing. The comments above make it sound like the man should never have been able to accomplish any of this. You lads are just too emotional concerning wilder. Win or lose, the man had accomplished far more than you lot will ever give him credit for. Fury is just the better fighter. Wilder isn’t some terrible accident, he’s gotten to where he is on talent, athleticism, and a quick adapting to the sport of boxing.

Comment

One question I would pose is this:

If Wilder really was serious about improving, about building his skills to overcome the flaws and become a better boxer than he was before, would the best thing to genuinely pursue that goal be to take another interim fight or to go straight back in against Fury?

My view is that it is his ego that wanted the fight straight away. And there was no one in his team willing to step in and say, hey, maybe an immediate rematch isn't the wisest thing for you.

That all said, I think the long delay actually works in Wilder's favour. It gave him the time to work on his flaws (not sure he has, of course) that he definitely would not have done if they'd gone straight into a July 2020 rematch.

Comment

Working...
                    X