Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Okolie, Whyte Could Both See Action on August Card in United States

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Okolie, Whyte Could Both See Action on August Card in United States

Lawrence Okolie has been penciled in to make the first defence on his WBO cruiserweight title in the United States in August on a show that could also feature Dillian Whyte.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Do these fighters make more fighting in the USA than they do in the U.K.? I ask because if they are just taking on journeymen types why not just do it in the U.K.? Do they make more fighting for matchroom USA cards than Matchroom (U.K.)?

Comment

Okolie has a Mando against some bum, doesn't he?

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
        Do these fighters make more fighting in the USA than they do in the U.K.? I ask because if they are just taking on journeymen types why not just do it in the U.K.? Do they make more fighting for matchroom USA cards than Matchroom (U.K.)?
        It is to satisfy Hearn's huge ego, nothing else. Money is not an issue for him, Sir Len Blavatnik is ready to lose billion dollars a year on DAZN for many more years till it becomes profitable or IPO.

Comment

Originally posted by Fact View Post

It is to satisfy Hearn's huge ego, nothing else. Money is not an issue for him, Sir Len Blavatnik is ready to lose billion dollars a year on DAZN for many more years till it becomes profitable or IPO.
          Got it, growth of the company. More power to them.

Comment

Dillian whyte has become the crappy opening act that only friends and family come to see while everyone comes late for the main act.
            Attached Files

Comment

It couldn't hurt these two men to box here in the US and get some exposure they would not likely get otherwise. I mean if they are both going to fight less then top level competition (I have no problem with that for either of these fighters), than marketing them to the American boxing public is a fine strategy. They are already celebrities' at home in the UK.

Side note, I kind of hope Lawrence Okolie and his team elect to stay at CW for a few years.

Comment

Working...
              X