Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Inoue: I Give Donaire Credit, His Ability To Continue To Excel Is Impressive

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Inoue: I Give Donaire Credit, His Ability To Continue To Excel Is Impressive

Naoya Inoue always sensed he was in the presence of greatness heading into his fight with Nonito Donaire. What wasn't realized at the time was the thought of Donaire once again landing in his sights as part of a quest to become undisputed bantamweight champion.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I'm pretty sure after getting his eye socket broken, he was hoping he wouldn't have to face Nonito again on the road to supremacy, but a blockbuster sequel is inevitable.
    mr.neezie Dee @ PYP Boxing likes this.

Comment

i bet on Donaire agaisnt Walters. agaisnt him vs Burnett & Ouballi. and for Inoue to KO him

despite all this you cant help but cheer for Donaire. top guy and sets a precedent on drug testing by paying for it out of his own pocket.

i hope he retires and rides off into the sunset. I dont want to see him get battered by the monster again, people think that was a close fight because of Inoues eye and because Donaire landed one big punch in the entire fight. It wasnt.
      GucciGod GucciGod Slowhand Slowhand like this.

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
        i bet on Donaire agaisnt Walters. agaisnt him vs Burnett & Ouballi. and for Inoue to KO him

despite all this you cant help but cheer for Donaire. top guy and sets a precedent on drug testing by paying for it out of his own pocket.

i hope he retires and rides off into the sunset. I dont want to see him get battered by the monster again, people think that was a close fight because of Inoues eye and because Donaire landed one big punch in the entire fight. It wasnt.
        Good post.
        I agree that the fight wasn't as close as people say. And Donaire comes off as such a Good and respectful person that I doubt anyone wants to see anything bad happen to him.

But the veteran Champion has worked hard to get himself into the position to make Good money rematching Inoue.
        GucciGod GucciGod likes this.

Comment

A couple of great representatives of the sport, for sure.

I, too, would rather not see Donaire fight Inoue again. I think he has 2 or 3 more knockouts in him vs other top opponents -- or he can fight Inoue again and risk it being his last fight.

Naoya will adjust, get hit less, and hit more, and probably beat on Nonito quite severely, in the next one.

​​​​​​

Comment

Bring on Nawaphon Sor. Rungvisai or that English-Bum Charlie Edwards for the 'Flash', whilst Reymart Gaballo and Manny Rodriguez settle their controversy.

Comment

Like a couple others have said, Inoue would most likely beat Donaire again, and more convincingly. But, the chain is only as strong as its weakest link, meaning that Inoue's face isn't as strong as it used to be, much like Brook after fighting Golovkin, It might not take as much to break something again now that his face has been compromised, to an extent. Donaire might not be able to do it again, but from here on out, Inoue's face could be a liability.

Comment

Working...
              X