Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Spence: I Don't Want Anything To Do With Thurman, He's A Cornball, I Can't Stand Him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Spence: I Don't Want Anything To Do With Thurman, He's A Cornball, I Can't Stand Him

The back and forth beef between Errol Spence Jr. and Keith Thurman has no bounds. When Spence was climbing up the welterweight ranks, he had to play the waiting game for a potential shot at Thurman. By March 2017, Thurman was an undefeated champion who had already beaten the likes of Danny Garcia, Shawn Porter and Robert Guerrero. Spence, meanwhile, did not become a welterweight titleholder until May 2017 when he had to travel to the United Kingdom to beat Kell Brook, at that point the biggest win of his career.
    [Click Here To Read More]

ramplamp ramplamp likes this.

Comment

What a pointless fight? Keith Thurman is a shot fighter now. He has nothing left. Erroll Spence would absolutely obliterate him if they fought now at this stage of his career.
      charliepaerker charliepaerker likes this.

Comment

I don't think it's just that Thurman didn't fight Spence on the way up that annoys him, it's that he went out of his way to dismiss Spence and give all excuses to not actually get in the ring with him.

"As long as he’s here, he hasn’t fought a B-class fighter. He keeps fighting these one week replacements, these C and last minute replacements. Go ahead and fight Diego Chaves. Go ahead and fight Luis Collazo. Go ahead and fight any ex-world champion I’ve fought before you say my name out your mouth.”"

It's funny because the same thing happened to Thurman only a few years prior with Malignaggi yet he went on to do the same exact thing.
        Last edited by RightJabLikeZab; 06-14-2021, 07:47 AM.

Comment

So that's a reason to deny him a fight now? You don't like him, he's corny? These clowns.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
            So that's a reason to deny him a fight now? You don't like him, he's corny? These clowns.
            No different than Canelo with Golovkin. "I don't like him" has become an acceptable way to duck.

Comment

Spence: he's a cornball
              Thurman: Maybe I’ll just tell him, ‘I’ll follow you wherever you go.’ Why? Because I seek ‘The Truth’ these days. I’m a ‘Truth’ seeker; I seek ‘The Truth'.

lol

Also managed to refer to himself in the third person a bunch of times.
              charliepaerker charliepaerker likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by RightJabLikeZab View Post
                I don't think it's just that Thurman didn't fight Spence on the way up that annoys him, it's that he went out of his way to dismiss Spence and give all excuses to not actually get in the ring with him.

"As long as he’s here, he hasn’t fought a B-class fighter. He keeps fighting these one week replacements, these C and last minute replacements. Go ahead and fight Diego Chaves. Go ahead and fight Luis Collazo. Go ahead and fight any ex-world champion I’ve fought before you say my name out your mouth.”"

It's funny because the same thing happened to Thurman only a few years prior with Malignaggi yet he went on to do the same exact thing.
                What's even more funny is that what Keef described there is the exact problem with Crawford.

Comment

You made Spence openly refusing to fight Thurman about Terence Crawford?

I’m shocked!

Originally posted by revelated View Post

What's even more funny is that what Keef described there is the exact problem with Crawford.

Comment

Errol Spence openly refuses to fight two of the best welterweights and no one cares.

Lol.

Comment

Working...
                    X