Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: Hearn Should Look In Mirror; He Screwed Everything Up With Fury-Joshua Deal

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Arum: Hearn Should Look In Mirror; He Screwed Everything Up With Fury-Joshua Deal

Bob Arum resents Eddie Hearn's contention that Arum misled him regarding the arbitration case that prevented Tyson Fury from fighting Anthony Joshua this summer in Saudi Arabia. Hearn has claimed that Arum knew judge Daniel Weinstein would rule that Fury must fight Deontay Wilder next, yet the 89-year-old promoter proceeded with negotiations for a much more lucrative heavyweight title unification bout between Joshua and Fury. Joshua's promoter has told numerous media outlets, including BoxingScene.com, that he wonders whether Fury's handlers ever truly wanted the Joshua fight.
    [Click Here To Read More]

It is ridiculous to propose that had they signed and announced the fight, the arbitrator would have been so influenced by this that his decision would have been affected. It's easy to blame Eddie here by those who have done nothing to find the most lucrative deal for the fight. Eddie jumped the gun in his talking about the fight, yes, but judging by lack of disappointment from Fury and his promoters, I'd say they knew the likelihood was that the fight wouldn't happen or they really didn't care. Eddie has done all the leg work to make it happen, those two senior citizens have done nothing, but talking negatively about Eddie. Bob and Frank need to retire.

Comment

Sure he did, to the extent that Fury’s own dad doesn’t even blame him.

Senile old ****.

Comment

Nah! Nice spin Bob but this was an Eddie Hearn screw job all the way. You've always had your sights on making Wilder/Fury III first. It was your number 1 priority all along.

You weren't as keenly as interested in making Joshua/Fury as you were making Wilder/Fury III. As far as an arbitration is concerned; Arbitration my ass! This was always a secret negotiation between Team Fury and Team Wilder.

This time you sharks ganged up on Eddie Hearn but Eddie is going to get the last laugh though when Tyson Fury loses to Deontay Wilder on July 24th. Then he will make an undisputed fight between Anthony Joshua vs Deontay Wilder and stage it in Las Vegas.

Then you are going to look like the world biggest fool!

Comment

Got the best deal for his fighter, what you should have done for Teo in the first place.
          billeau2 billeau2 Jblack79 Jblack79 like this.

Comment

This is just pathetic.

Arum will do anything to save face but the fact remains, Hearn delivered a HUGE amount, confirmed, in the bank - as Fury wanted. Arum said that the Wilder situation wouldn't be a concern and it wouldn't stop undisputed.

HOW can it be Hearn's fault for being in front of the media (like he always is!?) If Hearn AND Fury said its a done deal, its not ONLY Hearn.

Everything that has been said after the arbitrator's decision (the bitching and moaning) is pointing towards an unsalvageable situation. I think Undisputed between Fury and Joshua isn't going to happen, ever.
            Jblack79 Jblack79 likes this.

Comment

.....and the pathetic propaganda from old geezer bobby continues.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
                Nah! Nice spin Bob but this was an Eddie Hearn screw job all the way. You've always had your sights on making Wilder/Fury III first. It was your number 1 priority all along.

You weren't as keenly as interested in making Joshua/Fury as you were making Wilder/Fury III. As far as an arbitration is concerned; Arbitration my ass! This was always a secret negotiation between Team Fury and Team Wilder.

This time you sharks ganged up on Eddie Hearn but Eddie is going to get the last laugh though when Tyson Fury loses to Deontay Wilder on July 24th. Then he will make an undisputed fight between Anthony Joshua vs Deontay Wilder and stage it in Las Vegas.

Then you are going to look like the world biggest fool!
                I would absolutely love this scenario....if I thought wilder would come near AJ with a ten foot pole...which I don't.

Comment

Hate Arum all you want; however, "in the contract, which Joshua signed and Fury signed, we specifically had a section talking about the arbitration and talking about the possibility that the arbitrator would order [Fury] to fight [Wilder next]. So, everybody knew about that." doesn't the fact that the contract specified arbitration and its possibilities, and that Eddie promoted Fury/Joshua as if Fury's future wasn't contingent upon the arbitration judge's ruling, make Eddie the fool?

Comment

Originally posted by KP1 View Post
                    Sure he did, to the extent that Fury’s own dad doesn’t even blame him.

Senile old ****.
                    Nothing more to say that this. Some Americans do hate Eddie but I can’t really see what their is to hate around this saga. He’s literally done everything he could to make the fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X