Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Stevenson: I Was Being A Little Bit Careful Cuz Nakathila Got Power; He Was Real Scary

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Stevenson: I Was Being A Little Bit Careful Cuz Nakathila Got Power; He Was Real Scary

Shakur Stevenson apologized to his fans on Twitter following his 12-round shutout of Jeremiah Nakathila on Saturday night. Stevenson considers himself the best defensive fighter in boxing and displayed those skills versus Namibia's Nakathila. The WBO interim junior lightweight champion recognizes, however, that he didn't do enough on offense to satisfy viewers who watched what amounted to an uninspiring points victory over an unknown underdog.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Fear keeps him alert but fear isnt gonna get him to the top of the world. It's weird to say but Haney has even been known to go for kill in fights. Shakur does his absolute best to avoid engaging in any way. Kid is gonna have to change a few things in his game or he will eventually take a loss and become obsolete.

Comment

He only has 15 fights but can develop even a more cautious approach if they don't have him opening up more in fights. It looks like his KO percentage could had been higher because when he does open up he shows good power and precision with his punches. They have to have him get comfortable in the pocket with his countering technic, he just loves going half step back and has mastered it.

Comment

Wtf. Grow some balls man.
        charliepaerker charliepaerker likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
          Shakur Stevenson apologized to his fans on Twitter following his 12-round shutout of Jeremiah Nakathila on Saturday night. Stevenson considers himself the best defensive fighter in boxing and displayed those skills versus Namibia's Nakathila. The WBO interim junior lightweight champion recognizes, however, that he didn't do enough on offense to satisfy viewers who watched what amounted to an uninspiring points victory over an unknown underdog.
          [Click Here To Read More]
          Shakur won't have a long career tbh. He's here to milk it, he ain't a fighter. Has a lot of ***** in him tbh.

He has a bunch of killers around him in his division and the divisions above. He'll swerve the toughest tests for as long as he can.

Comment

His opponent had one weapon, straight right. That was it. No left hook, no jab, no overhand, nothing. Just a straight right.

You neutralized that, then decided to land seven punches per round. I have zero interest in seeing you step up.

Comment

That's probably not a good sign, there are a ton of guys scarier than Nakathila lingering about

Comment

Originally posted by Pac=Duran View Post

Shakur won't have a long career tbh. He's here to milk it, he ain't a fighter. Has a lot of ***** in him tbh.

He has a bunch of killers around him in his division and the divisions above. He'll swerve the toughest tests for as long as he can.
                I completely agree and I've always said I never believed Shakur Stevenson was the real deal....he's too much of a diva...even fights like one....he's going nowhere as soon as he stops taking on lesser known fighters.
                Last edited by Fighter78; 06-14-2021, 07:59 AM.
                charliepaerker charliepaerker likes this.

Comment

There's nothing wrong with admitting your opponent had power but it might not be in your best interest to say so while adding that's why you became extremely hesitant. Other fighters in the division will see that as a sign of weakness and press the issue as soon as they get a chance to fight you.

I know he spars with Bud a lot so maybe he could work with him on some things but the temperament is something you have or you don't.

Comment

Terms like “boring” and “runner” get thrown around a lot on this forum and generally pointed at American and Cuban fighters and almost always out of bias but in terms of Shakur, those terms actually work. His performance is detrimental to not only his career but boxing as a whole
                    Motorcity Cobra Motorcity Cobra likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X