Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Teofimo Lopez Returns To ESPN PPV On Oct. 2 After Top Rank Contract Amended

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Teofimo Lopez Returns To ESPN PPV On Oct. 2 After Top Rank Contract Amended

Teofimo Lopez Jr.'s relationship and future with Top Rank has been restored. ESPN announced during the Shakur Stevenson vs. Jeremiah Nakathila undercard broadcast on Saturday that Top Rank and Lopez have amended their original five-year contract that runs until the end of 2023, and the plan is for Lopez to return back to the platform and fight on an ESPN+ pay-per-view on Oct. 2.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Good stuff from both sides. Lopez gets what he wants and TR gets to keep its biggest young star happy.

So Lopez wants to return in early October after his fight next week. Haney? Loma II? Pedraza/Rodriguez winner? If it will be PPV, I'm guessing only Haney/Loma rematch fits that type of fight. If he wants Taylor, then Lopez may fight the Pedraza/Rodriguez winner or someone like Zepeda before getting Taylor early next year.
    PBR Streetgang PBR Streetgang likes this.

Comment

Yeah saw that on tweeter, hopefully they would make the undisputed fight at 135.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
        Yeah saw that on tweeter, hopefully they would make the undisputed fight at 135.
        I just saw some interview with Arum saying why it is not possible for it happening next due to "contractual reasons" even though it didn't really make sense to me. Something about he has 30 days to negotiate to with Hearn and then can negotiate elsewhere but Hearn has first right to refusal.

Basically what I took from that was it is not happening next.

So on to Loma rematch or a sort of tune up fight at 140 before the Taylor fight happens.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post

I just saw some interview with Arum saying why it is not possible for it happening next due to "contractual reasons" even though it didn't really make sense to me. Something about he has 30 days to negotiate to with Hearn and then can negotiate elsewhere but Hearn has first right to refusal.

Basically what I took from that was it is not happening next.

So on to Loma rematch or a sort of tune up fight at 140 before the Taylor fight happens.
          I saw that too. Already called him out on here. He wants to blame PBC/Spence for not fighting Crawford but instead of doing the undisputed fight at 135 for his boxer he wants to avoid it. I want undisputed at every weight class. And Loma v Lopez rematch would be like Fury v Wilder instead of Fury v AJ… Shame on Arum..

Comment

Arum sucks too bad teo couldn't get out of that deal.
            billeau2 billeau2 likes this.

Comment

Good shlt. He conquered 135 and 140 belongs to arum and smaller promos he can work with. Smart move.

Comment

Teo vs Loma II
                Castilo Castilo War Room War Room like this.

Comment

Clearly Loma which already kind of already let out the bag! Teofimo got a lot of time left on his deal so him and his father do a lot of barking but they're not going anywhere anytime soon

Comment

Sorry young Edward Hearn, you won’t be getting Teofimo on the deadzone
                    !-1 !-1 likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X