Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pedraza: Rodriguez Missing Weight Will Mess With His Mind, I Plan To Make Him Pay

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Pedraza: Rodriguez Missing Weight Will Mess With His Mind, I Plan To Make Him Pay

Jose Pedraza saw the look on his opponent's face as they approached the scale. Julian Rodriguez (21-0, 14KOs) wound up coming in more than a full pound over the contracted limit for their 10-round junior welterweight fight. The unbeaten prospect from Hasbrouck Heights, New Jersey was given an hour to shed the weight but wound up renegotiating terms in order to proceed with their crossroads bout.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Pedraza looks emaciated. I don’t know the other dude, but maybe they are playing a perceived advantage

Comment

Pedraza does look emaciated, I still think his best weight would be at 147, pounds
      His body type almost demands it, hopefully he can put on 7, to10, pounds before their
      fight without it effecting him negatively.
      It's hard to imagine that Pedraza used to campaign, and was the champion in the 130,
      and 135, pounds weight devisions.
      This is a tough fight for Pedraza, as well as Rodriguez, but this is exactly the type of fighter
      that Pedraza is supposed to beat if he wants to challenge for the title.
      His team should've insisted that Rodriguez lose the extra weight before going forward with the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Ropeydope View Post
        Pedraza looks emaciated. I don’t know the other dude, but maybe they are playing a perceived advantage
        Not only does Pedraza look emaciated, Rodriguez looks about 15 pounds heavier than Pedraza.
        That being said, I think they should've insisted that Rodriguez lose the extra weight.
        1.4, pounds doesn't sound like much of a weight advantage, but losing that weight can take a
        considerable effort of running, sauna, etcetera.
        Pedraza made the contracted weight, and looks emaciated, why shouldn't Rodriguez have to make
        the same sacrifices to make the contracted weight?
        I 'm hoping that Pedraza hasn't made a tactical error in allowing Rodriguez to enter their fight at a
        more comfortable weight for himself.

Comment

Working...
        X