Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Shakur Stevenson-Jeremiah Nakathila, Undercard Weigh-In Results From Las Vegas

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Shakur Stevenson-Jeremiah Nakathila, Undercard Weigh-In Results From Las Vegas

Jeremiah Nakathila's height advantage over Shakur Stevenson was obvious as they stood face-to-face Friday after they made weight. Namibia's Nakathila stands approximately three inches taller than the 5-foot-7 Stevenson. He also believes he is a bigger puncher than Stevenson and will knock out the former WBO featherweight champion in their 12-round, 130-pound championship match Saturday night.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Idk why but i feel like Nakithila can stop stevenson. Like he might catch him or something

Comment

"Julian Rodriguez came in slightly heavy" a pound and a half thats more than slightly, didn't even try and boil down either, just copped a bought and paid for advantage. Poor form.

Comment

Originally posted by PeepeePoopooMan View Post
        Idk why but i feel like Nakithila can stop stevenson. Like he might catch him or something
        Anytime the favorite is fighting someone that has 17 KOs in 21 fights, including 10 KOs in his last 10 fights, your concerns are justified! Shakur already envisions himself calling out Oscar Valdez after his victory! His opponent is dreaming of breaking Stevenson's jawbone!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
          Anytime the favorite is fighting someone that has 17 KOs in 21 fights, including 10 KOs in his last 10 fights, your concerns are justified! Shakur already envisions himself calling out Oscar Valdez after his victory! His opponent is dreaming of breaking Stevenson's jawbone!
          I am not always so concerned with how many KO's have they got but who did they KO. I have to say I don't know any of the fighters that Nakathila beat. The only guy he fought that I had heard of was the one he lost, and I had only barely heard or seen the name of Evgeny Chuprakov somewhere. Turns out Chuprakov lost 4 fights later and three more times since then.
          PeepeePoopooMan PeepeePoopooMan likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by MED_1978 View Post

I am not always so concerned with how many KO's have they got but who did they KO. I have to say I don't know any of the fighters that Nakathila beat. The only guy he fought that I had heard of was the one he lost, and I had only barely heard or seen the name of Evgeny Chuprakov somewhere. Turns out Chuprakov lost 4 fights later and three more times since then.
            I understand that "who" matters, but not everyone has the capability of getting KOs, i.e. Devin Haney. Others, like Jaron "Boots" Ennis, Edgar Berlanga, Subriel Matias, and Vergil Ortiz Jr., you just know they "hit different!" There's always a cause for concern when the favorite is facing a man like that, especially when the favorite is looking beyond that type of man! We will see what this man is tomorrow night!
            Last edited by Bronx2245; 06-11-2021, 08:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
              I understand that "who" matters, but not everyone has the capability of getting KOs, i.e. Devin Haney. Others, like Jaron "Boots" Ennis, Edgar Berlanga, Subriel Matias, and Vergil Ortiz Jr., you just know they "hit different!" There's always a cause for concern when the favorite is facing a man like that, especially when the favorite is looking beyond that type of man! We will see what this man is tomorrow night!
              I have no doubt Nakathila believes in himself, and does seem to have improved from the Chuprakov fight. But still I would have seen Stevenson Stopping Chuprakov or winning all 10 or 12rds easily. Nakathila will not be a pushover as the odds suggest and he could win some rds through activity, or forward motion, his jab looks good and he likes to whip in hooks to the body which he will likely do to Shakur. He does have a tendancy to throw wild swinging shots at times though, this is not good againt a guy with the speed of Stevenson, who may have the speed and timing to take advantage of such things. Also when he hooks to the body he leaves himself open to be countered to the head.

Comment

A whopping pound and a half is not a little.

I think Nakathilla will win 7 of the first 8 rounds. But he will not win with these judges and one round difference.

Comment

Originally posted by MED_1978 View Post

I have no doubt Nakathila believes in himself, and does seem to have improved from the Chuprakov fight. But still I would have seen Stevenson Stopping Chuprakov or winning all 10 or 12rds easily. Nakathila will not be a pushover as the odds suggest and he could win some rds through activity, or forward motion, his jab looks good and he likes to whip in hooks to the body which he will likely do to Shakur. He does have a tendancy to throw wild swinging shots at times though, this is not good againt a guy with the speed of Stevenson, who may have the speed and timing to take advantage of such things. Also when he hooks to the body he leaves himself open to be countered to the head.
                  No doubt Shakur should outbox this kid, but I'm worried about his focus! I think menatlly, he's already thinking about Valdez! That could be dangerous!

Comment

Working...
                  X