Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Mario Barrios Continues To Work For Gervonta Davis Showdown

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Mario Barrios Continues To Work For Gervonta Davis Showdown

Mario Barrios Training Camp Photos Gallery - Unbeaten WBA super lightweight champion Mario "El Azteca" Barrios shared updates on training camp and previewed his upcoming showdown against four-time world champion Gervonta "Tank" Davis before they square off in the SHOWTIME PPV main event Saturday, June 26 from the award-winning State Farm Arena in Atlanta headlining a Premier Boxing Champions event. (photos by Esther Lin, Mayweather Promotions)
    [Click Here To Read More]

I see Tank has started his own promotional company, GTD Promotions. I take it that means he will be getting a hefty percentage of the backend money, ticket sales, and PPV. Wonderful thing that Haymon had shown his boxers....how to maximise their earnings beyond the fight purses and even taking more of that home.
    chepboxingking chepboxingking likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
      I see Tank has started his own promotional company, GTD Promotions. I take it that means he will be getting a hefty percentage of the backend money, ticket sales, and PPV. Wonderful thing that Haymon had shown his boxers....how to maximise their earnings beyond the fight purses and even taking more of that home.
      Agree. But isn't he still signed to Mayweather? If that's the case, Floyd is the one eating off everything you mentioned. The seed was planted tho with Tank amd I could see him signing fighters as well.
      Oldskoolg Oldskoolg likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
        yeah he cares about his fighters so much. thats why he tricked wilder into turning down joshua in order to make much less money from staying with haymon controlled properties.

Comment

Will be interesting to see what kinda game plan Virgil hunter will have in store for tank .he ain't nothing nice in the ring

Comment

Am i seeing it right on boxrec, they have Barrios as the favorite vs Tank. Is this right? I would think Tank is fav.

Comment

Originally posted by PulpFriction View Post
              Am i seeing it right on boxrec, they have Barrios as the favorite vs Tank. Is this right? I would think Tank is fav.
              Boxrec is the worst thing ever other than for fighter records and some stats. It's completely unreliable for anything else. I don't take them seriously whatsoever.

I have to admit tho that it's refreshing to see a different perspective where Barrios actually has a chance. According to my personal survey based on NSB members, I estimate it 90-10 Davis. Not many even give Barrios a chance.

Do you agree with NSB? Why or why not?
              Last edited by BoxingIsGreat; 06-17-2021, 03:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post

Boxrec is the worst thing ever other than for fighter records and some stats. It's completely unreliable for anything else. I don't take them seriously whatsoever.

I have to admit tho that it's refreshing to see a different perspective where Barrios actually has a chance. According to my personal survey based on NSB members, I estimate it 90-10 Davis. Not many even give Barrios a chance.

Do you agree with NSB? Why or why not?
                Yes as i said i expect Davis to win but was wondering why boxrec had barrios as favorite. I am excited to see them scrap. Don't know too much about Barrios but we'll find out saturday!

Comment

Working...
                X