Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo, Reynoso, DAZN, Matchroom Partner on New Fight Series in Mexico

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Canelo, Reynoso, DAZN, Matchroom Partner on New Fight Series in Mexico

Matchroom and DAZN have announced a series of fight nights live from Mexico in partnership with Canelo Alvarez and Canelo Promotions as well as Eddy Reynoso and Clase y Talento. The first event in the new four-part Mexico series will see Julio Cesar Martinez defend his WBC World Flyweight title against Joel Cordova at the Domo Alcade, Gigantes de Jalisco Arena in Guadalajara, Mexico on Saturday, June 26. This follows on from DAZN and Matchroom's new five-year global deal announced last week.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I wish DAZN would have a series on a Tuesday or Wednesday , even if it's lower level fights . It be great to build up young prospects and probably inexpensive . Ring City type style 50-50 fights . That and as boxing version of the Ultimate fighter
    PBR Streetgang PBR Streetgang likes this.

Comment

Wish Canelo and Zanfer could link up. Don't think Canelo has all that great of a stable but Zanfer on the other hand? Dude is on another level and always has top level fighters. He works with pretty much every US promoter so I doubt he would just link up with Canelo. But it would be great if Zanfer can put some of his fighters on those cards.
      sicko sicko likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
        Wish Canelo and Zanfer could link up. Don't think Canelo has all that great of a stable but Zanfer on the other hand? Dude is on another level and always has top level fighters. He works with pretty much every US promoter so I doubt he would just link up with Canelo. But it would be great if Zanfer can put some of his fighters on those cards.
        Pretty sure Elwin Soto is co-promoted by Zanfer so I wouldn't be surprised to see some of their fighters turn up.

Comment

Canelo owns DAZN. Do as he says, or come up with 280 million dollars. I watched Fernando Bergamo and the TJ fights. It fits right in with DAZN.

Comment

Originally posted by GreatMalenko View Post

Pretty sure Elwin Soto is co-promoted by Zanfer so I wouldn't be surprised to see some of their fighters turn up.
            Good news!

Comment

Wow. Good news for Mexican boxing fans. I wonder how the politics will play with traditional Box Azteca now vs exclusive DAZN Mexican content, or perhaps DAZN will sell it’s rights to Box Azteca?

it’s insane that Eddie Hearn has created a value amount close to the British pound for 45 pesos?

Most fans have no idea of this paradigm shift in boxing. Brits get it for 2 quid and now so do the Mexicans.
              Flap Mr WorldWide likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Ricardi View Post
                I wish DAZN would have a series on a Tuesday or Wednesday , even if it's lower level fights . It be great to build up young prospects and probably inexpensive . Ring City type style 50-50 fights . That and as boxing version of the Ultimate fighter
                Yeah we need some god damn other days of the week going on, next week there are 5 televised boxing cards Saturday all going on at the same time.

Friday night fights needs to make a comeback, they used to have a lot of weak main events but the weekend guaranteed plenty of action starting Fridays, before Friday night fights I remember ESPN used to have their boxing cards on Sundays. With all these boxing cards on Saturdays + UFC fights on Saturdays, there's too much cannibalizing of the combat product.

Spread those cards out, I'm a hardcore but I can't watch 5 cards at the same damn time.
                Ricardi Ricardi likes this.

Comment

Honestly this is the stuff I want more of from DAZN (or any other provider for that matter). I enjoy the random cards they have from Italy and Spain, I enjoy watching lesser known prospects and regional fighters put in competitively against each other. As others mentioned, some Tuesday, Thursday or Friday night cards would be welcome. Just give me more content.

​​​​​​On another note, it's funny to see posters criticize and complain an announcement of more boxing content being available to view. Strange cats.

Comment

Originally posted by mrpain81 View Post

Yeah we need some god damn other days of the week going on, next week there are 5 televised boxing cards Saturday all going on at the same time.

Friday night fights needs to make a comeback, they used to have a lot of weak main events but the weekend guaranteed plenty of action starting Fridays, before Friday night fights I remember ESPN used to have their boxing cards on Sundays. With all these boxing cards on Saturdays + UFC fights on Saturdays, there's too much cannibalizing of the combat product.

Spread those cards out, I'm a hardcore but I can't watch 5 cards at the same damn time.
                    Exactly , plus it should be easy for DAZN they don't have to fight for a time slot on TV. I'd Be happy with Ring City level fights heck even , just prospects with under 10 fights as long as they are matched well. Maybe even start building some of their woman talent .
                    Last edited by Ricardi; 06-10-2021, 11:56 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X