Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Caleb Plant: I'm A Lot Faster Than Billy Joe Saunders, My Defense Is Better, I Punch Harder

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Caleb Plant: I'm A Lot Faster Than Billy Joe Saunders, My Defense Is Better, I Punch Harder

Caleb Plant has a message for those giving him the same shot at upsetting Canelo Alvarez that they gave Billy Joe Saunders. The unbeaten IBF super middleweight champion contends that he is better at virtually everything than Saunders. He commended Saunders' performance against Alvarez last month, but Plant promised during an episode of "The PBC Podcast" that Alvarez will have much more difficulty with him if they fight in September.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Plant may be a bit tougher to hit than Saunders, but he doesn't seem to hit noticeably harder than him. Billy Joe has a better record in terms of who he beat, namely Lee, Lemieux and Eubank Jr

Who has Caleb beaten, other than one recognisable name in Uzcategui. He does seem to have a style that can trouble Canelo, but it's a very big step up from who Plant has fought.

Comment

Although Caleb isn’t respected by many the boy does have sweet hands and is well balanced as a fighter and he does have some issues with not being able to punch and taking to many shots as well and those are the things when facing a Canelo that will be detrimental at that level. Caleb get paid, work on defense and sitting down on your shots and conditioning will be key. Canelo has had some conditioning issues so be in shape!

Comment

Plant is right on all counts and to add he is the superior athlete and is a natural super middle who probably should be fighting at light heavy. He is not a Jr middle who moved up to super middle. And contrary to what the casuals think, he does hit hard enough to keep anyone off him. This is an intersting matchup as Canelo is a counter puncher who likes for his opponents to come after him aggressively. He does not like to face pure boxers. The jab will be the key for the much larger and stronger plant

Comment

Planet has a similar style to Saunders and he might (arguably) hit a little harder but he's not special. Canelo has beaten better boxers, harder punchers and fought the superior talent.

I expect Plant to seemingly have some moments just before Canelo gets inside and forces exchanges. The fight will end with Canelo catching Plant on the inside with a short hook that puts him down.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
            Plant is right on all counts and to add he is the superior athlete and is a natural super middle who probably should be fighting at light heavy. He is not a Jr middle who moved up to super middle. And contrary to what the casuals think, he does hit hard enough to keep anyone off him. This is an intersting matchup as Canelo is a counter puncher who likes for his opponents to come after him aggressively. He does not like to face pure boxers. The jab will be the key for the much larger and stronger plant
            Do you really believe that or is this just your PBC bias talking? Rounds 7-12 will prove that Plant's jab isn't enough to can't keep Canelo off, the fight ends with Plant on the floor.
            Last edited by factsarenice; 06-10-2021, 10:23 AM.
            Z. B. Canova Z. B. Canova likes this.

Comment

Hard to take this dude seriously when he said he needed a "break" after a 14 week camp to make 168??!! This dude iisn't any different than Saunders when you need that much time to lose weight for a fight! Emmanuel Steward said 6-7 weeks was optimal for a fighter anything longer is a fat farm to lose weight

Comment

hes trying to say he could be a thorn in the side of canelo

or is he a shrinking violet?

Comment

If Plant has the fight of his life he is more than capable of winning this. It will require a whole lot of guts and extreme conditioning though. He has the ability and although he may not be known as a power puncher he definitely can get a fighters respect with what he has. I'm patiently waiting for this one to happen.

Comment

Just the simple fact that Saunders is a South Paw, makes him harder to fight, even more that he is a South Paw that boxes and moves makes him tricker. Anyone who has ever spared or fought a lefty knows. I do think Plant will give a good account of himself and give Canelo rounds, but guys who are not at Canelo's level have gave Plant issues and have no trouble landing on him, to think that Canelo won't figure Plant out, is hard to think, anything is possible in boxing, but it's a long road for Plant in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                    X