Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Claressa Shields, Brittney Elkin - Tense Face To Face For MMA Clash

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Claressa Shields, Brittney Elkin - Tense Face To Face For MMA Clash

The Professional Fighters League held the official weigh-ins for PFL 4, as the second half of the 2021 PFL Regular Season begins. In the main event, three-division champion Claressa Shields will be making her highly-anticipated mixed martial arts debut, as she faces dangerous grappler Brittney Elkin.
    [Click Here To Read More]

GREAT. Thanks Clarissa. I’m sure you won’t embarrass boxing when you crossover.

Comment

At least Claressa is a real athlete....girl better have trained takedown defense, and ground get up skills. If Elkin has any wits she will try her hardest to drag Shields down.

Comment

As I see it, I believe that Claressa will dominate Elkin. Let me hear it if I am wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Rapscallion View Post
          As I see it, I believe that Claressa will dominate Elkin. Let me hear it if I am wrong.
          Your absolutely correct unless Elkin gets a take down immediately then it could be different. The one things Shields has going for her in this is being a natural fighter. The boxing ability helps to a degree in the stand up game but how does Shields react on the ground is the question.

Comment

Something tells me Elkin is not there to win but I hope she at least makes a real effort.

Comment

Originally posted by Get em up View Post

Your absolutely correct unless Elkin gets a take down immediately then it could be different. The one things Shields has going for her in this is being a natural fighter. The boxing ability helps to a degree in the stand up game but how does Shields react on the ground is the question.
              Yup. Shields has to avoid the takedown and all the complications it brings. I'm wondering what Claressa's punches will do to Elkin. If Elkin can take Shield's punches (as female boxers were able to), Or with the MMA gloves and not being used to Shield's level of striking (light as it may be for other boxers) will Elkin go down as soon as she's hit.

Comment

Don't understand why she is being covered? She said she is done with boxing?

Comment

If Shields is a true born natural fighter, she may go a long way in the MMA. If she does, and that is an if she does go a long way in MMA, that would make her the greatest female fighter of all time because no other female fighter dominated two fighting sports.

Comment

Shields will flat line this soccer mom. No doubt about it.

Comment

Working...
                    X