Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joe Joyce To Return in July, Marco Huck Purse Bid is Push Back

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Joe Joyce To Return in July, Marco Huck Purse Bid is Push Back

The purse bids for EBU heavyweight champion Joe Joyce?s mandatory defense against Marco Huck is postponed for a later date. Joyce will now, according to the EBU, make a voluntary defense of the title against an opponent to be announced on a Queensberry Promotion. show. Date and site TBA.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Frank: Yoka and Takam didn't want the fight so that's why Joe is fighting this ghanian chap.
    He's a big guy and he's here to fight. it is what it is *shoulder roll*
    RossW RossW likes this.

Comment

LMAO @ Marco Huck. wtf boxing.

Comment

Joyce's promoter, Frank Warren, recently told BT Sport that his boxer would return in the summer - with Carlos Takam and Tony Yoka as target opponents.
        Sounds good to me.

Comment

With both in limbo this appears to be the best time to make Joyce Vs Whyte with British, Commonwealth & European title's on the line. This should in reality also work as a final eliminator for both WBC & WBO title's.
          joe strong joe strong likes this.

Comment

Yoka, yes, the others not so much. Takam is not really in the top 20 mix anymore, whereas Yoka is unbeaten and they have history.

Comment

never before looked at EBU ratings, which, are ****ed

Whyte's not interested in an EBU title

Usyk's got no use for an EBU

Povetkin? Helenius? Why are they even eligible?

Once you're a top five or have a *****y belt shouldn't you be off the regional circuit? I mean, they are but off officially too? The first five names I see I'm just like, yeah, good ****ing luck getting those dudes to fight for a ****ing regional belt.

Next five are all good option imo.

Yoka, Pulev. Kabayel, Hrgovic, Camkiran all fine by me. Obviously I'd enjoy Whyte-Joyce too, but, TF does Whyte get out of it? He has a world title for the org the EBU title gets you a world ranking in.

Comment

I'd be very surprised if yoka fights joyce. That would be too dangerous for both. Joyce will surely fight some bums.

Comment

Originally posted by Mick Higgs View Post
                  With both in limbo this appears to be the best time to make Joyce Vs Whyte with British, Commonwealth & European title's on the line. This should in reality also work as a final eliminator for both WBC & WBO title's.
                  Thought Whyte had done the eliminator thing and was basically like Fres Okendo, waiting for the title shot he technically earned years ago but, sanctioning bodies or promoters keep derailing things. It just seems like he's always asked to go back and beat new contenders..clean things up for someone else to eventually get a shot at the title.

Comment

If Joshua fights his mandatory Usyk then the next WBO mandatory should not be due for a long while. Their is unification in play and also the sanctioning body mando rotation to consider.

So sorry Joe Joyce.

Comment

Working...
                    X