No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: The Donaires: United in Pursuit of Unification

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: The Donaires: United in Pursuit of Unification

Brilliant Nonito Donaire surely punched his International Boxing Hall of Fame ticket - for the first ballot, no less - with his superb stoppage of Nordine Oubaali last weekend. The extraordinary Filipino scored one of the biggest wins of his decorated career to capture the WBC bantamweight title and move to 41 wins against 6 defeats since turning professional 20 years ago.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Throwback fighter and proof that losses don’t equal ending of careers

Comment

“…my motivation is being disciplined, being disciplined to wake up in the morning, being disciplined to train and being excited – that in itself is my key to becoming everything that I want to be.” - Nonito Donaire 2021

At its core what boxing is all about.
      Jack_sh*t Jack_sh*t likes this.

Comment

It was a good win but just lets not go overboard with it. The kid he fought was two size smaller and unproven. He did what we all knew he will do. Congratulations nonito and lets wait for the winner of Rigondeaux vs casimero.
        Last edited by garfios; 06-10-2021, 12:05 PM.

Comment

There are a lot of Champions in boxing now, and they are not all on the same level. Some champions are world-class, some are good, some are average. The guy Donaire beat was average. Fortunately, he happened to hold a belt, but let's get real here, this was no great legacy-defining win, just a mediocre, expected victory.

Comment

Originally posted by garfios View Post
            It was a good win but just not go overboard with it. The kid he fought was two size smaller and unproven. He did what we all knew he will do. Congratulations nonito and lets wait for the winner of Rigondeaux vs casimero.
            The 'kid' he fought is 34 years old and a veteran of 2 olympic games, as well as being the defending WBC Champion. He was also the favourite a the bookies.

How does that compare to your resume you salad?

Comment

Nonito Donaire is the most drug tested fighter in the world, Rachel is hot.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack_sh*t View Post

The 'kid' he fought is 34 years old and a veteran of 2 olympic games, as well as being the defending WBC Champion. He was also the favourite a the bookies.

How does that compare to your resume you salad?
                Thank you for correcting me on the age. Now I think less of him. A full man that look like a kid, and fight like one. The fact still, he had no chance against nonito nor any good 118-122lbs. He didn't have the size nor the skills to put a dent on nonito. Regardless of his pedigree. I checked his professional resume, and there's not one fighter that you can say, he is being tested. So, I do like nonito but I wasn't impressed by his victory. Happy yes. By the way my resume hasn't nothing to do with my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by garfios View Post
                  It was a good win but just not go overboard with it. The kid he fought was two size smaller and unproven. He did what we all knew he will do. Congratulations nonito and lets wait for the winner of Rigondeaux vs casimero.
                  When Inoue was two sizes smaller, he was a bum who got his face broken by an old man. Fight fans just love moving the goalposts.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post

When Inoue was two sizes smaller, he was a bum who got his face broken by an old man. Fight fans just love moving the goalposts.
                    I really don't know what you are referring to, but I know hasn't nothing to do with me. I have never seen Inoue fight. I just knew about what the writers wrote about him. I was surprised to read how well nonito did in his fight, considering how good Inoue was supposed to be, and he proved it against nonito. I think, even thought nonito broke a bone on his face or a few (I haven't read the medical report or see the x-rays) he still lost clearly and was knockdown in a valiant effort. I don't know how big or small he looked, like I wrote before, never seen him nor have check his boxrec. I commented on the fight I watched which was his belt winning performance against the french. And that's my opinion which can differ, from yours or a million other people. stay safe.

Comment

Working...
                    X