Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo-Saunders Generates $9,002,920 Live Gate From 66,065 Tickets Sold

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Canelo-Saunders Generates $9,002,920 Live Gate From 66,065 Tickets Sold

Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez amassed more ticket sales for his most recent main event than for any other since his two-fight set with Gennadiy Golovkin. The four-division and reigning super middleweight champ from Guadalajara, Mexico added to his legacy with an 8th round stoppage of previously unbeaten WBO titlist Billy Joe Saunders. The three-belt unification clash headlined a May 8 DAZN-streamed event from AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas which generated a live gate of $9,002,920 from a record 66,065 tickets sold.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Not good at all

Comment

Originally posted by PunchMeIDareYou View Post
      Not good at all
      What would have been a good number? It beat Jacobs and Kovalev gates

Comment

The Cotto-Canelo fight also had a bigger gate than this.

Comment

Now now....this is n excellent gate. Especially on the backend of the worst pandemic in a century. Texas is an excellent state for boxing and with its large ultra nationalist Mexican American population it’s probably the best stage for him. I remember watching Whitaker and Chavez fill the Alamodome with the similar amount back in the early 90s
          GreatMalenko GreatMalenko likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
            Now now....this is n excellent gate. Especially on the backend of the worst pandemic in a century. Texas is an excellent state for boxing and with its large ultra nationalist Mexican American population it’s probably the best stage for him. I remember watching Whitaker and Chavez fill the Alamodome with the similar amount back in the early 90s
            I agree it's a killer total especially right as the country was opening up. My only thought is with that many people I wouldve figured it would be a astronomical number
            nino brown21 nino brown21 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
              With an average ticket price of $136.27 after I did the math that's incredible really

Comment

Wait...What? That is not adding up correctly? Either Tickets was really Dirt Cheap or a lot of tickets was given away just to fill out the Stadium to claim some sort of "Record"

By the way nothing wrong with giving out tickets and offering cheaper tickets and allowing fans to comeback and watch the event during a damn Pandemic so this is not to discredit Canelo as a Draw or any of that childish garbage. Just expected more Since Big Mouth Eddie was running around bragging about a record
                Last edited by sicko; 06-08-2021, 08:35 PM.

Comment

that seems low...

Comment

Doesn't showtime own this site?

Comment

Working...
                    X