Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Josh Taylor: Ref Did Me No Favors, Gave Jose Ramirez Two Very Long Counts

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Josh Taylor: Ref Did Me No Favors, Gave Jose Ramirez Two Very Long Counts

Josh Taylor has reflected on the incredible whirlwind that he has been through over the past fortnight - after making history and becoming undisputed super-lightweight champion.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Josh should move on and focus on next fight. Still more room for improvement and i think it would be better if Josh increases his punch output a little bit to get more chances of KO specially in a hostile teritory where the possibility of daylight robbery is big...
    Castilo Castilo eco1 eco1 like this.

Comment

I thought the first count was too long, Bayless seemed to drop the ball on that one but Ramirez was up well before 10 and Taylor prolonged the count by not going into a neutral corner but rather breathing down Bayless's neck waiting to get back in there. Kenny had to stop what he was doing a couple of times to tell Josh to back up.

The second count was absolutely fine and the only thing that delayed it slightly was Taylor again refusing to go to a neutral corner.

It doesn't even matter, while the scores could've been slightly wider, the right man won. He needs to get over the 'long counts' that he helped prolong and move on.
      -Kev- -Kev- mxtali mxtali like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Drigo View Post
        Josh should move on and focus on next fight. Still more room for improvement and i think it would be better if Josh increases his punch output a little bit to get more chances of KO specially in a hostile teritory where the possibility of daylight robbery is big...
        I agree, I’m a big fan of Taylor but he’s starting to go on a bit about the ref and judges now.

Fair enough, the ref was awful but I didn’t see the judges as being that bad. When you fight away from home you can expect them to favour the home fighter because the fans will cheer even when the home fighter misses.

I think him saying that he made Ramirez miss is fair, but his output wasn’t great either. He just coasted after the knockdowns

Comment

Still crying. this guy has to be the un happiest champion ever

Comment

That's what you get when you fight in America, especially when Bayless is the ref. Look at how he tried so much to give Wilder the advantage against Fury. I was sooo glad when Wilder turned against him and called him names. People think boxing should sweep it under the carpet because Taylor won in the end, but it needs to be highlighted with crooked referees, judges like this. You would think america would be different but it isn't. I mean if Ramirez had won then it would have been better for Top Rank due to his Mexican heritage and how they would be able to make more money off him than Taylor who is a scot.
            Castilo Castilo eco1 eco1 like this.

Comment

If he doesn't get those two knockdowns then Ramirez might have even been given the win. It was a very close fight that he won in the end. Maybe talk about the judges when arranging the next fight and just enjoy this win for now.

Comment

He was bad for the 1st knockdown especially but he's won, may as well look to the future.
                gooderz84 gooderz84 likes this.

Comment

He can get fights with Crawford and Lopez, but they are not the biggest box office attractions. Make a few more million and secure the finances. I don't blame fighters if they look at it as also a busy, as long as they fight the best opponents.

Comment

Originally posted by gooderz84 View Post
                    If he doesn't get those two knockdowns then Ramirez might have even been given the win. It was a very close fight that he won in the end. Maybe talk about the judges when arranging the next fight and just enjoy this win for now.
                    100% agreed...I'm British and gave Ramirez 3 of the first four and 3 of the last 4..JTe was losing the first round he was dropped in as well...The long counts sucked but Taylor really whines a lot....he doesnt seem like a very nice person outside of the ring, he has had one or two racial incidents

Comment

Working...
                    X