Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hurd: Arias Talks A Good Game; That's What He Does; Look At His Last 3 Fights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hurd: Arias Talks A Good Game; That's What He Does; Look At His Last 3 Fights

Luis Arias insists the only thing separating him from Jarrett Hurd is matchmaking. Arias claims Hurd has benefited from getting the right fights at the right time, whereas Arias often fought out of his weight class, in the 168-pound division, before boxing as a middleweight. The 30-year-old Arias also is confident that working with a new trainer, respected Cuban Ismael Salas, will help him upset Hurd in a 10-round middleweight match on the Floyd Mayweather-Logan Paul undercard Sunday night at Hard Rock Stadium in Miami Gardens, Florida.
    [Click Here To Read More]

The art of shyt talking had been lost in boxing. Man most of these cats have the personality of a wet paper bag. Really makes me appreciate how Fury sells himself. In general this is something the British fighters do far better than the Americans these days. I have no idea why this has been lost in American boxing.

Comment

If he's been trash in his last 3 fights, then why are you fighting him?

Comment

I like Hurd alot. He's a DMV fighter and followed his development on local scene. He comes off as a decent guy and typically keeps the pre-fight talk to a minimum.

That being said, he's looked flat and unimpressive since the Wellborn fight (before the J-Rock loss). He seems to have lost his identity as a fighter. Not sure what the culprit is but hopefully he can recapture the magic of being a big, high-volume, pressure fighter.

My fear is that this will be another uninspired performance in a fight that will be closer than it should.

Comment

His 0-2 his last fights why the hell you fighting him.

Comment

Why won't Hurd fight in his natural weight class of 168? It's pretty obvious he's not a Jr. middleweight.

Comment

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post
              I like Hurd alot. He's a DMV fighter and followed his development on local scene. He comes off as a decent guy and typically keeps the pre-fight talk to a minimum.

That being said, he's looked flat and unimpressive since the Wellborn fight (before the J-Rock loss). He seems to have lost his identity as a fighter. Not sure what the culprit is but hopefully he can recapture the magic of being a big, high-volume, pressure fighter.

My fear is that this will be another uninspired performance in a fight that will be closer than it should.
              Hurd shouldn't try and reinvent who he is as a fighter. Hone his defense and be as you said a come forward pressure fighter and he could make waves at 154 and 160.
              PBR Streetgang PBR Streetgang likes this.

Comment

Working...
              X