Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Spence On Crawford Missing Pacquiao Sweepstakes: Arum Talks Sh-t But Haymon Gets Job Done

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Spence On Crawford Missing Pacquiao Sweepstakes: Arum Talks Sh-t But Haymon Gets Job Done

Errol Spence Jr. rarely passes on the opportunity to take a jab at rival Bob Arum. Heading into his preparation for a potential star-making fight against Manny Pacquiao, the WBC and IBF welterweight champion Spence (27-0, 21 KOS) took another swing at the Top Rank boss, this time for the Hall of Fame promoter failing to get a fight made for Terence Crawford to be fighting Pacquiao instead.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Errol Spence jr. only got the fight with Manny Pacquiao because the Saudi's failed to put up the promised funds, everything was agreed to; Spence knows that.
    PeepeePoopooMan PeepeePoopooMan likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
      Errol Spence jr. only got the fight with Manny Pacquiao because the Saudi's failed to put up the promised funds, everything was agreed to; Spence knows that.
      Haymon got it done in the US, in less time and without lying to the fans. That's the real message.

Arum is on record saying his guy can't draw money in the States and he refused to take a small financial risk on his fighter.

That​​​ is what happened. I'm sorry. Arum failed you and Crawford.

Comment

Why did Arum have to take the fight to Abu Dhabi for Crawford, but Al was able to make the fight for Spence in the U.S.?

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post

Haymon got it done in the US, in less time and without lying to the fans. That's the real message.

Arum is on record saying his guy can't draw money in the States and he refused to take a small financial risk on his fighter.
          BThat​​​ is what happened. I'm sorry. Arum failed you and Crawford.
          Bob Arum is already paying Terence Crawford a fortune, I do not think Arum can afford to pay Manny Pacquiao, who knows 30 million?

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
          Why did Arum have to take the fight to Abu Dhabi for Crawford, but Al was able to make the fight for Spence in the U.S.?
          The same reason why Anthony Joshua and Tyson Fury were not going to fight in the UK?

Comment

When. Crawford's contract ends and he doesnt leave Top Rank then its blatantly obvious he likes getting crapped on.

Comment

Bob Arum is already paying Terence Crawford a fortune, I do not think Arum can afford to pay Manny Pacquiao, who knows 30 million?

The same reason why Anthony Joshua and Tyson Fury were not going to fight in the UK?
              The UK is not even fully open nor can they fill up a stadium like Wembley.

I've repeated myself like a million of times here but it is obvious what is happening. Unless Arum has a huge site fee from the Middle East or if another promoter is responsible for their fighters purse, Arum simply is not going to risk it with Crawford. He keeps saying he can't sell and he has no confidence in him selling PPVs. Arum feared this was going to be another Pacquiao vs Bradley situation where TR supposedly lost like 10M on the fight. Personally? I think Arum is underselling just how well Crawford vs Pacquaio could have done or even Crawford vs Porter.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post

That​​​ is what happened. I'm sorry. Arum failed you and Crawford.
                exactly, well said. You just can’t make the stuff up that the alt right Haymon haters spew. I will also add this, I like that Haymon makes the big fights in the USA too....both arum and Hearn can’t seem to make the biggest fights unless they go to Saudi.....Haymon makes the biggest fights in NY, LA, and Las Vegas. I like that we are seeing PBC fights in places like Houston, Atlanta, Baltimore, etc etc
                Last edited by Oldskoolg; 06-04-2021, 10:41 AM.

Comment

Man Haymon is just the best thing to happen to boxing in decades for the fighters. American boxing is lucky to have him. I strongly suspect that Haymon must have Igbo Jews in his lineage because the man is just a master businessman and he’s got to be one of “the tribe!”

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post

The UK is not even fully open nor can they fill up a stadium like Wembley.

I've repeated myself like a million of times here but it is obvious what is happening. Unless Arum has a huge site fee from the Middle East or if another promoter is responsible for their fighters purse, Arum simply is not going to risk it with Crawford. He keeps saying he can't sell and he has no confidence in him selling PPVs. Arum feared this was going to be another Pacquiao vs Bradley situation where TR supposedly lost like 10M on the fight. Personally? I think Arum is underselling just how well Crawford vs Pacquaio could have done or even Crawford vs Porter.
                    If I remember correctly in a few video interviews, Eddie Hearn addressed the disappointment by the British public in that they were not getting A.J vs. Fury at Wembley. Despite the prevailing circumstances caused by COVID-19, Hearn made it clear that the biggest purse for both Joshua and Fury is in Saudia Arabia -- one of the reasons why Ruiz-Joshua took place in middle-east and not in the UK or the U.S.A.

Laughing at Bob Arum investing in Tim Bradley, and losing 10 million

Comment

Working...
                    X