Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn Details Benefits of DAZN Global Rights Deal, Expects Sky To Remain in Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hearn Details Benefits of DAZN Global Rights Deal, Expects Sky To Remain in Boxing

Eddie Hearn says his new UK broadcast deal with DAZN will change the face of boxing in the UK and Ireland and ensure that regular Matchroom pay-per-view shows are a thing of the past. After months of rumors, Hearn formally announced his new five-year deal with DAZN on Thursday, ending a 27-year relationship between Matchroom and Sky Sports.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I don't expect this to work well for Matchroom unless their margins for success are absolutely huge, because the people who are going to be aware of and motivated to buy DAZN subscriptions (at least in the UK) are the exact demographic who are most able to find and watch streams of dubious legality.
    gooderz84 gooderz84 !-1 !-1 like this.

Comment

I am not surprised that AJ is not included in the deal. Obviously there will be too much money left on the table for AJ to fight for £1.99 a month but I expect within a years time that will climb to somewhere around £10 or more. We have already heard the phrase “introductory price.” Good for the U.K. though, so many of the posters on here have voiced strong opinions that Americans must buy into dayzin, now you lot have it.
      Last edited by Oldskoolg; 06-03-2021, 03:50 PM.
      !-1 !-1 likes this.

Comment

Good for Hearn and company. I love DAZN and streaming platforms in general for sports I enjoy. PPV's are cool and still generate big money if the fight is right, but I think a subscription based platform benefits the consumer more. I'm excited about this move.

Comment

Originally posted by gingerbreadman View Post
          I don't expect this to work well for Matchroom unless their margins for success are absolutely huge, because the people who are going to be aware of and motivated to buy DAZN subscriptions (at least in the UK) are the exact demographic who are most able to find and watch streams of dubious legality.
          I’ve been streaming boxing for years I have to admit

Was paying sky £95 a month for sky sports phone line and box nation at one point + the odd pay per view . Daft

As soon as decent broadband speeds started I binned sky .

I do miss how easy box nation was to just flick to a channel and instantly watch boxing . I’ll be signing up for dazn for sure

Comment

Sky is gonna smash Hearn.. I love it.. can’t wait
            !-1 !-1 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by gingerbreadman View Post
              Most people are aware of apps by now. It's 2021! Demographic is playing less and less of a role.

And these kind of services are the response to illegal streams. You might go to the effort of finding a dodgy, substandard stream if it saves you 20 pound PPV and a Sky subscription. Why bother when for a few quid a month you can get a good, reliable service.

There'll always be people who will find free streams regardless of what they can pay for.

Comment

Originally posted by Toffee View Post

Most people are aware of apps by now. It's 2021! Demographic is playing less and less of a role.

And these kind of services are the response to illegal streams. You might go to the effort of finding a dodgy, substandard stream if it saves you 20 pound PPV and a Sky subscription. Why bother when for a few quid a month you can get a good, reliable service.

There'll always be people who will find free streams regardless of what they can pay for.
                This is pretty much where I'm at as a US fan. I'm not paying 50 bucks or more for a fight, EVER. Never purchase PPV's; I'll try to find a stream and live with the bad quality or audio going in and out or having to constantly switch streams, but I'm down to pay a little cash every month for a steady diet of fights. I've got DAZN and ESPN plus, don't pay for anything else boxing related.

Comment

Originally posted by GBP4LIFE View Post
                  Sky is gonna smash Hearn.. I love it.. can’t wait
                  This is Eddy getting dumped. He says, there's plenty of fish in the sea, like a jilted lover, but Sky is no minnow. We know Eddy has the prince, but who else will trust Eddy with their money?
                  !-1 !-1 likes this.

Comment

What more can I say other than Congratulations Mr. Eddie Hearns? You've made your father very proud by expanding his company!

Comment

Working...
                    X