Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Claressa Shields: I Was Never Able To Get My Just Due In Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Claressa Shields: I Was Never Able To Get My Just Due In Boxing

As Claressa Shields, perhaps the most accomplished female boxer in a generation, gears up for her mixed martial arts debut, she is making it clear that no love has been lost between her and boxing.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Because you're a bum. A bum dosser. Next
    Earl-Hickey Earl-Hickey eco1 eco1 like this.

Comment

Why do female athletes never seem to understand engagement is the key to better pay, not what you've achieved

People have to want to watch you compete for the ticket sales, ppv buys, sponsorships to start rolling in

You can achieve everything but if nobody wants to watch it, there's no money. Obviously there is some interest in women's boxing, but it pales in comparison to the interest in men's boxing. It's not like she didn't know that getting into the sport either.

That said, if she finds the fame and money she wants in MMA, good luck to her.

Comment

It's a reality but something she knew going into the sport and she didn't help herself with how she presented her image/brand to consumers.

She doesn't have the looks or lineage of a Laila Ali, nor did she have the KO power of Anne Wolfe. She did have the Olympics and the Flint Water stories to help craft an image but she often comes off angry and occasionally vulgar when she speaks. Antics like the Al Bashir beat down by her associates leading up to the Hamazin fight certainly don't help.

​​​​​​

Comment

" a household name " ?? Your not a household name simply because when you fight, families turn off the tv . Why ? first reason is your a horrible fighter that can't " fight " worth a crap. If a female wants to become a household name in boxing , your going to have to learn how to break an egg. Sorry, that's just the way it is. And secondly there's no way in hell I'm letting my family, sons and daughters listen to your foul mouthed rants before and after fights. Your a disgusting pig. You don't deserve to be on the air , poisoning our children with your ranchy **** filled mouth.
          Last edited by breeto80; 06-03-2021, 07:17 AM.

Comment

How you going to be a household name after 11 fights though? And earn a million bucks after 11 fights? If she cared about women's boxing she'd be trying to make the biggest fights to progress the sport. She could be a pioneer if she wanted. Instead she's switching codes after zero big/ hard fights?

Comment

That is actually quite sad that after achieving all she has she is still anything but wealthy. No wonder she always seems so bitter.
              As much as I am not keen on her as a person I hope she at least makes some good coin in her new venture.
              BlakBread904 BlakBread904 likes this.

Comment

I love women’s tennis & MMA, but sorry not much of a fan of them in boxing. Very few good ones worth watching.

Comment

She has a point but female boxing isn’t exactly exciting. Female MMA is exciting because the women actually land big blows rather than pitty pat for points
                  Last edited by Oldskoolg; 06-03-2021, 03:53 PM.
                  BoloShot BoloShot likes this.

Comment

will this baby ever stop whining ?
                    BoloShot BoloShot likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X