Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Anderson Silva Continues To Grind For Chavez Jr. Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Anderson Silva Continues To Grind For Chavez Jr. Fight

Anderson Silva Training Camp Photos Gallery - MMA legend Anderson "The Spider" Silva continues to train for his upcoming June 19 fight. (photos by Chris Farina) Silva will fight outside of the Octagon for the first time since 2006. He will take on Julio Cesar Chavez, Jr. in a professional boxing match in Guadalajara, Mexico, live on PPV Saturday, June 19th in an event titled "Tribute to the Kings".
    [Click Here To Read More]

I hope Spider just wants to compete and isn’t broke, the last few years of his career have been tough to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
      I hope Spider just wants to compete and isn’t broke, the last few years of his career have been tough to watch.
      He's 46, of course he's broke!

Comment

He's hitting the bag while wearing a mask. That tells me he's clearly going to lose, because that's just stupid. He has a great career in mma though.

Comment

Originally posted by Liondw View Post
          He's hitting the bag while wearing a mask. That tells me he's clearly going to lose, because that's just stupid. He has a great career in mma though.
          That's an elevation training mask...it supposed to simulate training at altitude.

Comment

he made 5 mil a fight in his champ days, owns a gym in cali and a home in brazil so i think he is fine

Comment

Weirdly he was getting paid much more in his post-Weidman fights than he was when he was on top. I guess UFC pay has just increased across the board since the 00s.

Comment

Nothing I see from Silva shows me that he's broke or struggling for money. He's one of those guys who just loves to fight, kinda like Roy.

His last fight against Uriah Hall was supposed to his retirement fight in the UFC and was billed as such, but as soon as he was asked during his post-fight interview if this was the last dance for him, he simply responded by saying he wasn't sure lol.
                Last edited by Willy Wanker; 06-03-2021, 11:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post

Nothing I see from Silva shows me that he's broke or struggling for money. He's one of those guys who just loves to fight, kinda like Roy.

His last fight against Uriah Hall was supposed to his retirement fight in the UFC and was billed as such, but as soon as he was asked during his post-fight interview if this was the last dance for him, he simply responded by saying he wasn't sure lol.
                  Sounds very reminiscent of Roy, he was another guy who just couldn’t let go. I’d love to see Silva retire but at least it seems he’s continuing to fight for the right reasons. Dreading having to watch Chavez Jr beat him though. I imagine we’ll probably get RJJ vs Silva at some point too- not that I want to see it.

Comment

Sounds very reminiscent of Roy, he was another guy who just couldn’t let go. I’d love to see Silva retire but at least it seems he’s continuing to fight for the right reasons. Dreading having to watch Chavez Jr beat him though. I imagine we’ll probably get RJJ vs Silva at some point too- not that I want to see it.
                    Yeah, this is one of the rare boxing matches featuring a boxer vs. MMA fighter where I'd rooting for the MMA fighter. Love Anderson Silva, can't stand Chavez Jr.

Don't think Silva stands much of a chance unless Chavez literally doesn't train at all, which isn't completely unrealistic considering who he is.

I didn't really wanna see Roy vs. Silva when they first talked about it 10 years ago, now I definitely don't want to even think about that fight lmao.

Comment

Working...
                    X