Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Woodley Receives Support From Andre Ward, Vows To Break Jake Paul's Jaw

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Woodley Receives Support From Andre Ward, Vows To Break Jake Paul's Jaw

Former UFC champion Tyron Woodley is receiving a lot of support from an army of individuals who want him score a knockout victory over Youtube star Jake Paul. Earlier this week, it was revealed that Woodley would be facing Paul in the month of August, in the main event slot of a Showtime Pay-Per-View card.
    [Click Here To Read More]

This just makes it all the better for when paul wins. I'm actually starting to root for the guy lol

Comment

Another aging, undersized wrestler who's recent performances have seen him cut from the UFC

If he's going to go down this route of washed up MMA stars, at least fight somebody the same size with credible striking skills

Fight Anderson Silva
      Earl-Hickey Earl-Hickey likes this.

Comment

“I always wanted to box my whole life, never did it,” Woodley said. “I always wanted to box. I’ve been wanting to do this for a long time. It’s crazy how things happen. I started doing MMA in 2005 because I was like I’m too old to just box. I was 23 years old out of college wrestling, so I did MMA. I’m like sh-t, I can wrestle and punch.”

Tyrone Woodley just summed up the modern sport of MMA in a nutshell...

Comment

Originally posted by diarraisagod View Post
          Another aging, undersized wrestler who's recent performances have seen him cut from the UFC

If he's going to go down this route of washed up MMA stars, at least fight somebody the same size with credible striking skills

Fight Anderson Silva

Anderson Silva is 46yrs old, and is going to get knocked the ****ed out in two weeks. Why on earth would he fight him?
          bballchump11 bballchump11 likes this.

Comment

Woodley has even less boxing specific training than Jake, and Paul probably knocks him out. That's the advantage you have when you box against non boxing mma fighters.

Comment

​​​​boooooooomb squuuuaaaaaaaaaad

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post

“I always wanted to box my whole life, never did it,” Woodley said. “I always wanted to box. I’ve been wanting to do this for a long time. It’s crazy how things happen. I started doing MMA in 2005 because I was like I’m too old to just box. I was 23 years old out of college wrestling, so I did MMA. I’m like sh-t, I can wrestle and punch.”

Tyrone Woodley just summed up the modern sport of MMA in a nutshell...
                He was a division 1 wrestler and obviously never tried boxing at any point in his life. He might have preferred boxing at the time but hes a black dude, how many black dudes (outside of Brazil) were into MMA in 2005? its different now.

Comment

he called his dog andre ward, weirdo

Comment

As much as I’d like to see woodley get the win just to shut Jake up, something tells me he’s just super pumped about the payday he's collecting. Somebody else on here rightfully pointed out, Tyron just doesn’t pull the trigger anymore! He’s lost 4 of his last fights, and two years ago was classed as the “Greatest WW in UFC history” then they said Usman was and then when he loses they’ll say that guy is the greatest ever. No wonder they struggle to be recognised as a true sport! Bunch wrestlers that never made it in the squared circle.

I certainly respect what they do, but it ain’t enough for boxing man. With that said, no doubt on paper this is a step up, I guess anyway. Still waiting for him to step in with someone that’s been boxing for majority of their lives. I’d even accept him facing that Blake mckernan who lost to Badou jack a while ago! Until then Jake will receive 0 credit or respect from me.

these “new eyes” he’s bringing to the sport isn’t carrying over to real boxers, these fans are internet dweebs that only care because jakes fighting, they could careless of the opponent or the fundamentals of boxing, it’s not boxing they’re a fan of, it’s the novelty act of this youtuber fighting.

98% probably couldn’t name one fighter from every weight class! Clueless trolls who bring nothing to boxing and only to jakes circus event.

Comment

Working...
                    X