Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Yunieski Gonzalez Was Willing To Replace Pascal, But Had Too Much Weight To Cut

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Yunieski Gonzalez Was Willing To Replace Pascal, But Had Too Much Weight To Cut

Yunieski Gonzalez was about to do something crazy. According to the Cuban boxer, he was going to make a mindboggling attempt to lose 35 pounds in a week to replace Jean Pascal and face Badou Jack on the undercard of a Showtime Pay-Per-View event, which takes place this Sunday, June 6, at the Hard Rock Stadium in Miami.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Hopefully boxing gets to the point where replacement boxers are on standby for major cards like the UFC does for its cards. Find a boxer willing to accept, negotiate and finalize a replacement price, pay for their training camp, and make sure they stay within 15% of the contracted weight.

Comment

I thought Gonzalez was going to be a player at LHW, he looked close to flipping Pascal in their fight but Jean is tough as nails. He looked pretty shopworn when The Nail blew him out a few years back.

Comment

Originally posted by Heru View Post
        Hopefully boxing gets to the point where replacement boxers are on standby for major cards like the UFC does for its cards. Find a boxer willing to accept, negotiate and finalize a replacement price, pay for their training camp, and make sure they stay within 15% of the contracted weight.
        We kinda saw a little (on a much lower level) of that during the pandemic. Some of the cards early on had a few chief supports in the same weight class that would provide as a pool of replacements should the main event fighters pop positive for covid.

Comment

To this day, I say I've seen only a few robberies in boxing that broke my heart more than watching Yunieski Gonzalez sobbing in the corner after he was robbed in the Pascal fight. I've been rooting for him ever since

Comment

Working...
          X