Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Eleider Alvarez Training With Pedro Diaz, Breaks From Marc Ramsay

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Eleider Alvarez Training With Pedro Diaz, Breaks From Marc Ramsay

Former WBO light heavyweight world champion Eleider Alvarez has ended his association with trainer, Marc Ramsay, and manager, St?phane L?pine. The former champion has decided to entrust the rest of his career to renowned coach Pedro Diaz.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Sounds like there would be much more chemistry between Diaz and Alvarez, in comparison to Alvarez and Ramsey. I may be wrong but Marc Ramsey has never really impressed me with his corner instruction. If I have missed a good mono a mono instruction during a fight, please do tell. Alvarez should still have a few more fights left in the tank

Comment

Originally posted by NC Uppercut View Post
      Sounds like there would be much more chemistry between Diaz and Alvarez, in comparison to Alvarez and Ramsey. I may be wrong but Marc Ramsey has never really impressed me with his corner instruction. If I have missed a good mono a mono instruction during a fight, please do tell. Alvarez should still have a few more fights left in the tank
      Think so? I do not think he stunk the place up, but he is fairly limited and has lost some of his reaction time in the ring. Maybe it was the trainer, but I do not feel he has a ton left. I certainly do not see him at the top of this division anymore. Hope they match him up against a "B" level fighter, just to gauge what he truly can do.

Comment

Originally posted by NC Uppercut View Post

Im assuming you havent seen many fights where Ramsay was in the corner. he's known for being extremely vocal screaming in french.

Comment

Originally posted by thekenneth View Post

Im assuming you havent seen many fights where Ramsay was in the corner. he's known for being extremely vocal screaming in french.
          Never met the man but I've always rated Ramsay as a pretty good trainer, based on his instructions in the corner and the development I've seen in some of his fighters. Don't know how he's in the gym but he gets alot of good Canadian fighters so he has to be decent I would think.

Comment

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post

Never met the man but I've always rated Ramsay as a pretty good trainer, based on his instructions in the corner and the development I've seen in some of his fighters. Don't know how he's in the gym but he gets alot of good Canadian fighters so he has to be decent I would think.
            I agree, they also helped bring back the excitement of the 80s in their region. Plus they took the next step.

Ramsey may be better for more agressive fighters. Alvarez needs time/setup because of his hand (also you can't cut 50lbs for a fight). Time will tell but, down to 168 againt Gilberto Ramirez...if i were a betting man I'd risk going for the upset on this one.

Comment

Sounds like this was all on Alvarez but we'll see how he pans out with Diaz. He won the unified titles against Sergey but couldn't manage to defend it in the rematch. He stunk it up and hasn't looked the same since. I love Pedro's work with Cotto back in the day, the difference is, Cotto wanted the help. Let's see what Alvarez does here.

Comment

Originally posted by thekenneth View Post

Sure I have, big difference from French Canadian compared to Spanish friend. Marc is a motivator.

Comment

Working...
                X