Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gary Antuanne Russell: I Want Broner Next, He Couldn't Do What I Did With Santiago

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Gary Antuanne Russell: I Want Broner Next, He Couldn't Do What I Did With Santiago

CARSON, Calif. - On the heels of scoring his deepest knockout to date, Gary Antuanne Russell is interested in next pursuing his most significant opponent. The hit list is more than a year old, with the hope of beginning with Cincinnati's Adrien Broner. A proper first step was taken by Russell, as the 2016 U.S. Olympian from Capitol Heights, Maryland one-upped the former four-division champion in a one-sided stoppage of Puerto Rico's Jovanie Santiago after six rounds.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Broner would be a nice step up, but a) He probably can't make 140, b) He would probably fight Prograis @ 140, if he could ($$$). Robert Easter Jr. would be the better option! If not him, then Barthelemy!
    Last edited by Bronx2245; 05-31-2021, 08:00 AM.

Comment

He was very impressive. That 140 division is looking great. Now saying that, all the divisions from 130 to 147 are deeper then most from 1-10. Fighters still young and eventually moving up as well when their bodies fill out.

Comment

“Adrien Broner has been a household name for a long time,” notes Gary Russell Jr., Gary Antuanne’s older brother and reigning WBC featherweight champ. “A lot of people look up to him as a fighter and respect him as a fighter.
        Cue the laughter.

Comment

Broner won’t fight him, if he did it would end his career

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
            Broner won’t fight him, if he did it would end his career
            Broner's the one guy that doesn't duck challenges presented to him.

But we know how it would go down:

Broner fails a shoulder roll, eats punches while shaking his head, then yells, "man I BEATCHO ASS!" as the announcer declares Russell the unanimous winner.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post

Broner fails a shoulder roll, eats punches while shaking his head, then yells, "man I BEATCHO ASS!" as the announcer declares Russell the unanimous winner.
              This is exactly how the fight would play out
              Leicesterage Combat Talk Radio likes this.

Comment

Antuanne looked good but Santiago never stepped to his own left to gain foot positioning. That beating Santiago took could had looked different if he stepped to his left. Plus Russell has to cut the afro, he got countered with a right because he couldn't see it and then he was lifting his hair during the round. He still has to work on a few things because the very few times Santiago's food was in the right position his head snapped back.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post

True but, Broner has legal problems and needs lots of money and fast. That's why I personally think Broner will not face Russell. Broner can make money faster selling weird match ups on Triller. If he can get this fight on Triller for some serious coin, the fight will probably happen.

Comment

Surprised how many people think Broner gets stopped by GAR. Say what you want about Broner, but he doesn't duck any challenges and is tough as nails.

How about instead of Broner, he fights Postol? Much better and competitive fight and minus Bud, that man gives everyone a tough night of work.
                    Since1976 Deleted likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X