Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Matias: Jukembayev Was Toughest Test I've Had, He Has All My Respect

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Matias: Jukembayev Was Toughest Test I've Had, He Has All My Respect

CARSON, Calif. - Subriel Matias has racked up enough knockouts to know when his opponent is ready to go and when there is still some fight left. Both experiences came into play in his recent stoppage win over Kazakhstan's Batyrzhan Jukembayev
    [Click Here To Read More]

Matias will be a world champion. I have no doubt.

Comment

Its hilarious how fickle boxing 'fans' are. KOs a bunch of cans = hes the future of the division, hes gonna KO taylor. reign supreme. loses agaisnt a bum. oh he was never any good, hype job. everyone forgets about him.

Beats an undefeated prospect no one has ever heard of.. He will beat everyone! hes gonna be champ!

Comment

Matias is one guy who just fights violent and seems to always be in extremely violent fights. He gets hit and takes the shots and throws back in combinations. Hard enough to do damage but not a one punch KO.

​​​

Comment

I am just confused about the guy he lost to not being a tougher test than this.

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
            I am just confused about the guy he lost to not being a tougher test than this.

Close fight that took place shortly after a fighter died at Subriel's hands. Likely bad night at the office/head wasn't in the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post

Close fight that took place shortly after a fighter died at Subriel's hands. Likely bad night at the office/head wasn't in the fight.
              Seems like he hadn't been taking his training seriously for Ananyan either - at least according to his trainer.
              Oldskoolg Oldskoolg likes this.

Comment

I was convinced that Jukembayev would have steamrolled Matias. How wrong I was...

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
                  Its hilarious how fickle boxing 'fans' are. KOs a bunch of cans = hes the future of the division, hes gonna KO taylor. reign supreme. loses agaisnt a bum. oh he was never any good, hype job. everyone forgets about him.

Beats an undefeated prospect no one has ever heard of.. He will beat everyone! hes gonna be champ!
                  I'm a big fan of Browny and I wasn't put off by the Ananyan loss either, but I gotta say I'm a little surprised by how much credit he seems to be getting for beating Batyr here, given that essentially he was just another unbeaten prospect. TBF the Kazakh does look to have reasonable skills but he's hardly a great yardstick when looking at how Subriel might perform against the best in the division.

I still reckon he's likely to snag a title at some point , but I also think his defensive liabilities are gonna catch up with him sooner or later.. Hell of a fun fighter to watch though.

Comment

Subriel Matias is a BEAST! He puts so much pressure on his opponents and he will definitely take one to give one! I hope he gets the winner of Ritson vs. Ponce! I doubt Taylor will be at 140 long enough to defend the IBF title.

Comment

Working...
                    X