Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Devin Haney Overcomes Scare, Decisions Jorge Linares

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Devin Haney Overcomes Scare, Decisions Jorge Linares

Haney, Linares Fight Photos Gallery - Mandalay Bay, Las Vegas - For the WBC lightweight championship, Devin Haney (26-0, 15 KOs) won a twelve round unanimous decision over three division beltholder Jorge Linares (47-6, 29 KOs). (photos by Ed Mulholland)
    [Click Here To Read More]

Props to both of these fighters,they both gave their all in this exciting contest.
    I agree with the score cards,the judges did a very good job.
    Even in victory Haney learned what it feels like to almost be floored by Linares,as he staggered back to his corner on his tip-toes.
    My hat off to both fighters for a great fight.

Comment

Haney did a lot of grabbing, holding, and avoiding, but not a lot of overcoming.

Comment

At this stage he gets beaten by Tank & Lopez , he's only 22 he'll improve

Comment

Originally posted by thack View Post
          At this stage he gets beaten by Tank & Lopez , he's only 22 he'll improve
          tank is still young himself! i think tank needs another 5 years of crap fights what do you think? 6 years?

Comment

Every body gets hurt if they fight long enough. Floyd was seriously hurt by Corley. Cotto was badly hurt by Torres. Canelo was badly hurt by Cotto's brother. The list goes on. Only thing I see missing from Haney is power. Maybe he needs to develop a better technique of turning punches over. People saying because he was hurt he is weakest of the lightweights, but Garcia almost got his head taken off by Campbell. The kid can only get better from here on.

Comment

Where's the pop?
              Great boxer who will come unstuck before too long. For the immense amount he has going for him I think the tiny bits he's missing are going to keep him from being resident at the very top of the high level he inhabits.

Comment

Originally posted by Corelone View Post
                Haney did a lot of grabbing, holding, and avoiding, but not a lot of overcoming.
                It's time for the hate to stop. Everyone, not blind who saw this fight knows it was a great back and forth between these two fighters. In the 10th round when he was hurt, yes he did a lot of holding, and rightfully so as many of the greats of the past were trained to do. When the 11th started Haney's legs weren't completely there so he WISELY kept his distance and held when necessary. But I think he became more active in the 12th and won that round. Overall, it was a very good performance from both fighters.

Reverb Reverb likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by megas30 View Post
                  Every body gets hurt if they fight long enough. Floyd was seriously hurt by Corley. Cotto was badly hurt by Torres. Canelo was badly hurt by Cotto's brother. The list goes on. Only thing I see missing from Haney is power. Maybe he needs to develop a better technique of turning punches over. People saying because he was hurt he is weakest of the lightweights, but Garcia almost got his head taken off by Campbell. The kid can only get better from here on.
                  Exactly. I'm not sure his power will ever improve but he's headed in the right direction. The casuals here seem to want him thrown to the wolves early in his career and if he loses they will say, "See I told you he wasn't ready!" The bottom line is he will only improve as a fighter. Is it his fault Loma chose not to fight him and vacate the belt? Yet once again, the casuals here hold it against him!

Yes, he doesn't have much pop, time to get over this. All fighters have weaknesses and limitations, a lack of power is his yet his boxing ability embraces the sweet science, honing his craft to eventual perfection.
                  Reverb Reverb likes this.

Comment

Solid performance from both fighters. My hat off to Haney. Good learning experience. He impressed me. He can only continue to grow from here.
                    Last edited by slimPickings; 05-30-2021, 04:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X