Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Nonito Donaire Makes History, Knocks Oubaali Out in Fourth For WBC Title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Nonito Donaire Makes History, Knocks Oubaali Out in Fourth For WBC Title

By Jake Donovan - CARSON, Calif. - Nonito Donaire has stuck around long enough to shatter his own record. The four-division champion and future Hall of Famer became a three-time bantamweight champion following a stunning 4th round knockout of France's Nordine Oubaali. Donaire scored three knockdowns, the last of which prompted an immediate stoppage in their Showtime main event Saturday evening at Dignity Health Sports Park in Carson, California.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 05-29-2021, 11:22 PM.

WBC Bantamweight World Champion Nordine Oubaali and future Hall of Famer Nonito Donaire went face-to-face at the weigh-in before their world title showdown taking place this Saturday, May 29 live on SHOWTIME from Dignity Health Sports Park in Carson, Calif., headlining a Premier Boxing Champions event. (photos by Esther Lin).

The weigh-in also featured hard-hitting contender Subriel Matias and unbeaten Batyr Jukembayev, who meet in the co-main event for a 12-round IBF Junior Welterweight Title Eliminator, and unbeaten 2016 U.S. Olympian Gary Antuanne Russell and Jovanie Santiago, who square off in a 10-round super lightweight clash that opens the SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING telecast at 10 p.m. ET/7 p.m. PT.

Comment

This is a very good fight card ...

Comment

Nordine Oubaali vs Nonito Donaire I'm going. From the pad its about a 45 min drive to Carson. It was a gift from my three boys. My old lady is filipina she immediately said I'm going. They are good tickets not on the floor but 2nd row in the bowl section directly behind press row so the sun is at our backs. Will miss Haney and Linares but that's a small price to pay. Besides I have a DVR.

Comment

Originally posted by TJ highway View Post
          Nordine Oubaali vs Nonito Donaire I'm going. From the pad its about a 45 min drive to Carson. It was a gift from my three boys. My old lady is filipina she immediately said I'm going. They are good tickets not on the floor but 2nd row in the bowl section directly behind press row so the sun is at our backs. Will miss Haney and Linares but that's a small price to pay. Besides I have a DVR.
          Dang, I am envious. Enjoy the fights!
          TJ highway TJ highway likes this.

Comment

This is definitely the better card of the night

Comment

WAR The Filipino Flash !!!!!!!!!

Comment

Love this card. Showtime with heat back to back after a real piss poor 2020

Comment

Great night of fights

Glad this one starts late that way fans can catch the DAZN card too.

Comment

Originally posted by TJ highway View Post
                    I'm fully jealous, man. This is a real nice card... Huge fan of Donaire, really like the crafty little Frenchman and Browny's my dude. Don't know much about the Kazakh, but he got a real fan friendly style and reports out of Canada suggest he could be a bit special...

Enjoy the fights, man.

Comment

Working...
                    X