Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gary Antuanne Russell Beats Down, Drops, Stops Jovanie Santiago in Six

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Gary Antuanne Russell Beats Down, Drops, Stops Jovanie Santiago in Six

CARSON, Calif. - Gary Antuanne Russell was extended deeper than at any point in his career, though still untested in his latest victory. The undefeated prospect had his way with Puerto Rico's Jovanie Santiago, forcing a stoppage after six rounds in their junior welterweight contest Saturday evening at Dignity Health Sports Park in Carson, California.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 05-29-2021, 09:46 PM.

Russel looks to be the next dominant force at Jr welterweight. If I were him I’d try to get another 3 fights in the next 6-8 months and force a title shot

Comment

Triangle Theory:
      How does this make Broner look to the eyes of the public? Good fight Russell!

Comment

Russell's biggest problem is he is a midget. 140 is too deep with non-midgets for him.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
          Russell's biggest problem is he is a midget. 140 is too deep with non-midgets for him.
          He's like 5'8, far from a midget. The height isn't a problem. He needs to shore up his defense a bit and stay more balanced but he's going to be a problem for any of these top guys soon.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post

He's like 5'8, far from a midget. The height isn't a problem. He needs to shore up his defense a bit and stay more balanced but he's going to be a problem for any of these top guys soon.
            That was the area where there is room for improvement, defence. But then again, he was on there with a contender level opponent. Very good win for the young Russell but I also say touch of the head movement and relocating after combinations

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post

That's measuring from the top of his afro. He's going to walk into something big with that defense.

Comment

Just glad to see him back in the ring and Active but yeah Antuanne Russell is every bit as talented as Boots and some of these other guys getting more Hype at 140-147 and he should be getting the exact same PUSH

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
                  That's measuring from the top of his afro. He's going to walk into something big with that defense.
                  I mean I agree his defense needs to be tightened up more but don't think the issue is his height.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
                    Just glad to see him back in the ring and Active but yeah Antuanne Russell is every bit as talented as Boots and some of these other guys getting more Hype at 140-147 and he should be getting the exact same PUSH
                    Don't forget, Russell beat Boots TWICE in the amateurs too!

sicko sicko likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X