Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jorge Linares: Can't Compare Me To Gamboa; This Is A Huge Step Up For Devin Haney

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jorge Linares: Can't Compare Me To Gamboa; This Is A Huge Step Up For Devin Haney

LAS VEGAS - Devin Haney will box a three-weight world champion in a second straight fight Saturday night. That's about all, according to Jorge Linares, that he and Yuriorkis Gamboa have in common at this stage of their lengthy careers. The 35-year-old Linares is four years younger than Gamboa and the former WBA/WBC lightweight champion is certain that he is a much fresher fighter than the Cuban-born boxer Haney defeated by unanimous decision in their 12-rounder November 7.
    [Click Here To Read More]

The difference between him and Gamboa isn't just a question of size, it's that Linares comes to win, not just to survive ... that's why the Venezuelan will be caught. But yes, Linares is a big step up for Haney

Comment

This would of been a step up five years ago, Linares still is decent but he's been K.O now what? 2 of his last 3 or four fights? Hearn picked him because he doesn't present a threat.
      thechampizhere thechampizhere likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenfield02 View Post
        This would of been a step up five years ago, Linares still is decent but he's been K.O now what? 2 of his last 3 or four fights? Hearn picked him because he doesn't present a threat.
        I was gonna same the thing...don't be surprised if he gets chin checked early.
        Greenfield02 Greenfield02 likes this.

Comment

Linares is going to get drop again

Comment

Like the man says, Linares will come to win & so I think Haney will win inside the distance but he might get hurt, maybe even have to get off the floor. If you combine power with fast hands & an ability to throw a variety of shots then you'll always be dangerous until the Ref counts you out.

Comment

Working...
            X