Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Esteban Bermudez Stuns Carlos Canizales In 6th Round Knockout, Wins WBA Title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Esteban Bermudez Stuns Carlos Canizales In 6th Round Knockout, Wins WBA Title

Carlos Canizales wanted nothing more than to forget about the two years he was forced to spend away from the ring. His comeback fight wound up providing all the wrong kind of memories. Esteban Bermudez landed on the favorable end of an instant Upset of the Year candidate, following a stunning 6th round knockout of Venezuela's Canizales to win a secondary version of the WBA junior flyweight title. The regionally based fringe contender twice floored Canizales, the latter prompting referee Guillermo Perez to halt the contest at 2:36 of round six in their Estrella TV-aired junior flyweight title fight Friday evening at Foro Viena in Mexico City.
    [Click Here To Read More]

This was a hell of a fight. Bermudez is kind of slow, but he's long. He just came out throwing. Canizales stood his ground in the mid rounds and has much quicker hands. The fight was evening up when Bermudez clipped him. Violent finish, he got hurt. Good fight. Good card.

Comment

Oh look, another fight where the North American was active against an overseas fighter who has been inactive. I'm really shocked.

It's not an upset when you look at the context. However, the patterns continue where the fighter with the advantage comes from a certain place. Never the other way round.

I'm not cynical in my old age, i'm just not f3cking stupid to how it's all orchestrated.

Comment

Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post
        Oh look, another fight where the North American was active against an overseas fighter who has been inactive. I'm really shocked.

It's not an upset when you look at the context. However, the patterns continue where the fighter with the advantage comes from a certain place. Never the other way round.

I'm not cynical in my old age, i'm just not f3cking stupid to how it's all orchestrated.
        Mexicans proving they are world-class yet again.

The Brits should try it sometime. Even when they have home country advantage they still come up short.
        Oldskoolg Oldskoolg likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post

The Brits should try it sometime. Even when they have home country advantage they still come up short.
          Someday I hope to move from the UK to Mexico in order to take advantage of the excellent standards of living such as low crime, an outstanding health-care system, excellent job opportunities, in addition to Mexico's long-standing reputation for women's rights.

Comment

Originally posted by BritJimbo View Post

Someday I hope to move from the UK to Mexico in order to take advantage of the excellent standards of living such as low crime, an outstanding health-care system, excellent job opportunities, in addition to Mexico's long-standing reputation for women's rights.
            Also, I probably won't have any problems finding a gardener.

Comment

Geez, thought we were on this forum to talk boxing not politics and nationalism. I think all people and all nations can look in the mirror and see things they need to improve on but not sure NSB is where we should be discussing them.

Entertaining fight.

Comment

Holy, holy ****. I'm beyond stunned to hear this, I thought Canizales was one of the most underrated guys in the game, every time I've seen him, he's looked a beast and Bermudez looked like a tuneup fight. SHOCKED

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post

Mexicans proving they can win when they have advantages. But look what happens when they don't. They just lose. Hell, they lose a lot when they do have the advantage, just like Americans. They're the only nations to have a mass of them but come up short. No other nation does. The statistics are very interesting.

We have tried it. Why else do you think the UK has the best collective resume in boxing?

Nearly every fight in your history you've had home advantage you idiot. Look at how many losses you have received. Nearly every time there's been a loss on our end, it's been because of circumstances, nothing else. That however hasn't been the case for you over the years. Duh.

Comment

Originally posted by BigZ44 View Post
                    Holy, holy ****. I'm beyond stunned to hear this, I thought Canizales was one of the most underrated guys in the game, every time I've seen him, he's looked a beast and Bermudez looked like a tuneup fight. SHOCKED
                    So basically, in your mind this guy was another Felix Verdejo, and he just got treated like it.

Comment

Working...
                    X