Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ellerbe on Davis-Barrios Criticism: Are You Kidding Me? This Is A Dangerous Fight For Tank

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ellerbe on Davis-Barrios Criticism: Are You Kidding Me? This Is A Dangerous Fight For Tank

Gervonta Davis has reached the point in his fast-rising career where any move he makes is going to come with its share of criticism. The unbeaten junior lightweight titlist is moving up two weight divisions to next face secondary WBA junior welterweight titlist Mario Barrios (26-0, 17KOs), who enjoys significant advantages in height, reach and natural size. Baltimore's Davis (24-0, 23KOs) makes the move after having just dropped back down to 130 after a one-fight stop at lightweight.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Intriguing fight but nobody was calling for this matchup and it is going to be a ppv event. This is more smart match making instead a fight that the public has wanted to see.

Comment

Floyd is calling the shots. So you know This is a cherry pick, it's not even for the real WBA championship.. I never heard of barrios, from what I've seen on his tape is that he fights like Leo Santa Cruz.
      Boxingmean Boxingmean likes this.

Comment

My problem with this fight and Tank/his team his they keep going for secondary titles and pretending they the champions of the division. Tank didnt even acknowledge Taylor or Ramirez the other day?

Mario Barrios is actually a good first fight at 140 but he/they need to stop going for secondary/vacant titles and acting like the top dog .

Comment

I really wanted GRJ, but they would've killed him for that! Then KingRy seemed like an even better fight, then KingRy swerved him! Then he picks Barrios, which I think is a mistake, but I give props to Tank because it was his choice, not Floyd, nor Ellerbe!
          Oldskoolg Oldskoolg likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Ricardi View Post
            My problem with this fight and Tank/his team his they keep going for secondary titles and pretending they the champions of the division. Tank didnt even acknowledge Taylor or Ramirez the other day?

Mario Barrios is actually a good first fight at 140 but he/they need to stop going for secondary/vacant titles and acting like the top dog .
            The WBA needs to get rid of secondary titles...period!

Comment

This stooge would tell you Paul Logan is a dangerous fight for Floyd.

Barrios isn’t on Tank’s level or even close to it tbh. This will be a routine stoppage victory for Tank.

Comment

I can’t knock this fight. Fans are way to dismissive of fighters nowadays. Same as when you get clowns who mock a fighter for getting knocked down or out, their getting hit in the head you idiots!

lets see how tank fares! It’s a huge disparity in height and reach, be interesting to see if barrios can use his advantages to stay on the outside, will tank carry his power up? I believe he will but let’s see, should be a fun fight! Ryan Garcia messed up the dream fight for us so that cannot be put on tank or TMT. I believe Leanord when he says he isn’t a huge supporter of this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Ricardi View Post

I thought that was ridiculous as well. Either Tank is ignoring of what is going on in the sport or that was just him trying to diss Taylor and Ramirez.
                  VegasRaiders VegasRaiders likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by GucciGod View Post
                    I believe Leanord when he says he isn’t a huge supporter of this fight.

I’ve for some magic beans for sale

PM me!
                    GucciGod GucciGod likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X