Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Cormier Admits It's 'Too Risky' For MMA Community To Allow St-Pierre To Face De La Hoya

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Cormier Admits It's 'Too Risky' For MMA Community To Allow St-Pierre To Face De La Hoya

Former two-division UFC champion Daniel Cormier believes UFC President Dana White did the right thing in denying Georges St-Pierre the opportunity to face six division champion Oscar De La Hoya in a boxing match.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Of course it is GSP is a karate guy who got outboxed by Matt ****ing Serra.
    Mario040481 Mario040481 likes this.

Comment

Lol oscar in his mid 50s. Cormier is right though. At least somebody admitted it
      Zaryu Zaryu likes this.

Comment

Eh. I mean its not a good look for MMA if one of your legends & a guy in the GOAT argument loses in a boxing match, but I mean it is a boxing match & not a MMA fight so there is an apples to oranges element to it as well. But hell your rep is always on the line cuz L's you've taken in your own sport past prime hurt your legacy to some degree. Like Floyd is way past peak & several years retired now, but if he loses this exhibition fight to Logan fooking Paul his legacy & rep is still gonna take a hit to some degree. But I definitely think there is more forgiveness on an L when you are a legend in one combat sport & lose in a whole other combat sport who've not competed in.

Comment

He's 47 or 48, not fifties. Of course Oscar was a great boxer, the mma guys don't box well.

Comment

A boxer beating a guy who isnt allowed to use the other 75% of his skillset that differentiates him from a boxer doesnt say much other than boxers are the best boxers. Who would have guessed?

Comment

Originally posted by TMLT87 View Post
              A boxer beating a guy who isnt allowed to use the other 75% of his skillset that differentiates him from a boxer doesnt say much other than boxers are the best boxers. Who would have guessed?
              Yeah, with that in mind it's a shame White, Cormier and MMA fans seem so insecure about this potential matchup "oh no we can't allow it to happen, got to keep up the image of our sport"
              Zaryu Zaryu likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post

Yeah, with that in mind it's a shame White, Cormier and MMA fans seem so insecure about this potential matchup "oh no we can't allow it to happen, got to keep up the image of our sport"
                I dont think its insecurity so much as feeling like boxing is trying to use MMA for attention without taking any risks. I dont blame these ex-MMA guys for taking the paydays though.

These fights are lame anyway tbh. It should be some kind of hybrid rules, or like 3 rounds of boxing/1 round of MMA.

Comment

Honestly, everybody should know this. MMA compared itself to boxing non-stop on its way up. In their self interest, they've crapped all over our sport to hype and propel themselves to become mainstream. However, they're afraid to see their top guys and legends fall short with the little common ground their sport has with boxing. Even Jake Paul, with no more than a year or two of boxing experience, sends shivers down their spine.
                  Oldskoolg Oldskoolg likes this.

Comment

Cormier is right in this instance. Die hard MMA fans look at guys like GSP as invincible and if an old De La Hoya smashes him the cloak is gone. I dont see it that way though honestly because its 2 totally different sports. You cant take an all time great tennis player and expect them to win the masters in golf. It doesnt work like that
                    Zaryu Zaryu likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X