Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Josh Taylor: If I Have To Make Mandatory Against Catterall Next, I Have To Do That Next

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Josh Taylor: If I Have To Make Mandatory Against Catterall Next, I Have To Do That Next

LAS VEGAS - Josh Taylor is completely open to remaining within the 140-pound division for his next fight. The undefeated, fully unified champion believes there remain "big fights" for him at the junior welterweight limit, which he makes "easily." If Taylor wants to keep each of his four titles, though, he'll almost certainly have to make a mandatory defense of his WBO belt next against England's Jack Catterall.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I like Taylor. Get it done.

Crawford next! God knows Crawford has to fight someone with a pulse.

Comment

All good. But what i don't understand is why doesn't Ramirez "who is a champion as well", in a title fight didn't have a rematch clause in the contract. All champions should have that.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
        I like Taylor. Get it done.

Crawford next! God knows Crawford has to fight someone with a pulse.
        T. Duckford with his A-side **** will find away the eff it up. no9t saying that Taylor is the better fighter but Duckford is a complete idiot

Comment

Catterall deserves his oppurtunity.

Comment

I don’t see the point in doing the mandatory unless you plan stay at 140. By all accounts, he’s looking to go to 147 anyway.

I suppose if he wants an easier fight in Scotland then it’s ok. Catterall deserves a shot, he’s waited a long time.

Maybe it’s worth doing the mandatory anyway and keeping the belts for now, instead of vacating too soon and a big fight at 147 not coming off.

You would wonder if Catterall would be half hoping Josh vacates and he might get a much easier vacant title shot.
            kiaba360 kiaba360 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
              I don’t see the point in doing the mandatory unless you plan stay at 140. By all accounts, he’s looking to go to 147 anyway.

I suppose if he wants an easier fight in Scotland then it’s ok. Catterall deserves a shot, he’s waited a long time.

Maybe it’s worth doing the mandatory anyway and keeping the belts for now, instead of vacating too soon and a big fight at 147 not coming off.

You would wonder if Catterall would be half hoping Josh vacates and he might get a much easier vacant title shot.
              I think Catterall would rather face Taylor because then he'd be fighting for all 4 belts instead of just one. Also, it'll be easier to study Taylor rather than some unknown.

Comment

I'd prefer he stay at 140. After this mandatory, one of the lightweights might be ready to move up for a big fight

Comment

Would be nice to see this card in Taylor’s backyard. It’s been a while since he last fought there. If Taylor decides to hang around at 140, I’d like to see him fight Lopez or Tank. I think he’s capable enough of beating either one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
                    I'd prefer he stay at 140. After this mandatory, one of the lightweights might be ready to move up for a big fight
                    Lopez might as well move up to 140 and fight him. A fight with Haney is most likely not going to happen anyway.

Comment

Working...
                    X