Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Taylor: An Absolute Disgrace Fight Would've Been A Draw If I Hadn't Knocked Ramirez Down

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Taylor: An Absolute Disgrace Fight Would've Been A Draw If I Hadn't Knocked Ramirez Down

LAS VEGAS - Josh Taylor is convinced he beat Jose Ramirez much clearer than the scorecards showed Saturday night. All three judges - Tim Cheatham, Dave Moretti and Steve Weisfeld - scored their competitive 12-round, 140-pound title unification fight exactly the same, 114-112 for Taylor. The two knockdowns Taylor produced, one in the sixth round and another in the seventh round, accounted for the difference on all three scorecards in a main event ESPN aired from The Theater at Virgin Hotels Las Vegas.
    [Click Here To Read More]

After the 8th round he took his foot off the gas and fought how he did in rounds 2-5, trying to clip him here and there.
    should have put his foot down and finish the job like he would have done previously. This is boxercise Ben’s influence as Shane McGuigan is a lot more aggressive
    buge buge BlackR0bbb BlackR0bbb like this.

Comment

It's a disgrace to think that only his knockdowns saved him from a draw , he had the man seemly out on his feet and completely ineffective from the first knockdown from which he never fully recovered .....shameful.
      #1PaperChamp #1PaperChamp likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by thack View Post
        It's a disgrace to think that only his knockdowns saved him from a draw , he had the man seemly out on his feet and completely ineffective from the first knockdown from which he never fully recovered .....shameful.
        That isn’t how fights are scored though. I also had it 114-112. Ramirez won the last few rounds not because he was great, but because Taylor took his foot off of the gas.

Comment

Taylor played a risky game not keeping up the pressure down the stretch - I had him up but there was too much time left when he pulled back. Started doing that about round 9 and which was enough time for Ramirez to make a push on the cards.

Comment

I don't think 6 rounds a piece is terrible scoring. I gave Taylor 7 but it was competitive. Taylor also let the championship rounds get away from him so he doesn't have much to complain about.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
              I don't think 6 rounds a piece is terrible scoring. I gave Taylor 7 but it was competitive. Taylor also let the championship rounds get away from him so he doesn't have much to complain about.
              100% agree. Taylor did let off the gas and lost some rounds or should have lost some rounds as the result of that.

Comment

Taylor actually almost gave this fight away. And for that, he should be disgusted with himself. All this screaming about robberies. Nah bruh. Do better last time. Coasting is dangerous.

Comment

I definitely agree. Disgraceful that the judges had it that close. At least the better fighter won.
                  Kagami Taiga Kagami Taiga likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by JayCho View Post
                    This is boxercise Ben’s influence as Shane McGuigan is a lot more aggressive
                    It's disappointing he is no longer with McGuigan. I was initially sceptical of Shane as a trainer but he seems to improve those in his camp and he see to give very good advice in the corner.

Comment

Working...
                    X