Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Figueroa: I Can Stick Around At 122 Long Enough to Become Undisputed Champion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Figueroa: I Can Stick Around At 122 Long Enough to Become Undisputed Champion

Brandon Figueroa announced his arrival with authority at the top level of the junior featherweight division. An emphatic 7th round knockout win over two-division titlist Luis Nery (31-1, 24KOs) answered any questions as to whether the unbeaten Texan could rise to the occasion. At 5'8" and still growing into his man strength at just 24 years of age, the next question is if he can still make weight long enough to give himself a chance to run the table.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I love that more fighters now are aiming to fight co champions and become undisputed. That should always be the case. Best vs the Best. Besides Taylor now and Teofimo (dependinf on how you think of his belts) , therell be an upcoming undisputed fight between 154, 168, hopefully heavyweight soon.

Comment

Sooner or later, his head is going to cave in. I guess he's too macho to learn how to dance, but eating leather without trying to avoid it isnt healthy.

Comment

Originally posted by djbiancafrost View Post
        I love that more fighters now are aiming to fight co champions and become undisputed. That should always be the case. Best vs the Best. Besides Taylor now and Teofimo (dependinf on how you think of his belts) , therell be an upcoming undisputed fight between 154, 168, hopefully heavyweight soon.
        I agree, this is a cool thing. Having an undisputed champion establishes a new lineage and creates "the man" in a weight class that everybody has to beat.

The bad part? These guys unify the belts but then want to move up in weight right away, dropping the belts. Which means a new lineage has to be established all over again.

Comment

Yeah, now I see why he's hanging onto that weight. Even though he kinda looks like a skeleton. But he can sure bang. Even at that weight. Hope he finds a little better defense.
          His fights are great to watch. Go for it, Brandon.

Comment

All the best to this personable young man. Best of luck in his career

Comment

I would like to see figs work on his defense then move up to feather

Comment

just go for the biggest fights and get out the sport. this young man has options. don't make same mistake your bro did, sticking around too long.

Comment

Hopefully Figueroa can learn defense as well. It just doesn’t sit right with me seeing him absorbing a lot of punches.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post

I agree, this is a cool thing. Having an undisputed champion establishes a new lineage and creates "the man" in a weight class that everybody has to beat.

The bad part? These guys unify the belts but then want to move up in weight right away, dropping the belts. Which means a new lineage has to be established all over again.
                    Not just the linage, but when that happens you typically have all four belts up in vacant title fights. That means EIGHT guys could potentially become world champion, majority of whom weren't even deserving of a title shot when "the man" was still there. It's why I've always said I wanted guys to stay at their weight and reign over them instead.

Comment

Working...
                    X