Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Josh Taylor Drops Jose Ramirez Twice, Wins Decision To Unify 140

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Josh Taylor Drops Jose Ramirez Twice, Wins Decision To Unify 140

By Keith Idec - LAS VEGAS - The two knockdowns Josh Taylor scored Saturday night enabled him to make history. The two-point advantage Taylor gained by dropping Jose Ramirez once apiece in the sixth and seventh rounds represented the difference on all three scorecards in their 12-round, 140-pound title unification fight inside The Theater at Virgin Hotels Las Vegas. Judges Tim Cheatham, Dave Moretti and Steve Weisfeld scored their fan-friendly fight exactly the same, 114-112 for Taylor.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 05-22-2021, 10:06 PM.

WBC/WBO champion Jose Ramirez and WBA/IBF champion Josh Taylor were all business Friday, when the boxers made weight for Saturday's undisputed junior welterweight world title showdown at The Theater at Virgin Hotels Las Vegas. (photos by Mikey Williams)

Ramirez (26-0, 17 KOs) and Taylor (17-0, 13 KOs) are fighting, not only to maintain their unbeaten records, but to become the sixth man to attain undisputed status in the four-belt era.

For the second time since the matchup was officially announced nearly three months ago, the two best 140-pound fighters in the world were face to face. A little good-natured trash talk followed. But that's to be expected.

Jose Ramirez 139.6 lbs vs. Josh Taylor 139.6 lbs
    (Undisputed Junior Welterweight World Title — 12 Rounds)
    Judges: Tim Cheatham, Dave Moretti and Steve Weisfeld
    Referee: Kenny Bayless

Comment

In... #WAR Ramirez.

Comment

Comment

Ramirez by late KO. I don't get the "slick" boxer aspect of his game. He can be hit and has been hurt plenty of times through out his career. Also him acting like a tard with his prefight antics makes him look like he's overcompensating for something. I got Ramirez late.

Comment

Let's get this shiet done RAMIREZ!!! Got him by late KO....here in Vegas trying to score some tickets,wish me luck homeboys!

Comment

I think Taylor will edge it but this is going to be such a closely contested fight! Ramirez is the more likeable guy for sure so I can't be upset if he wins. I think Taylor looks a bit more special to my eyes so that's why I'm giving him the edge. He also has the better win out of the two (Prograis). Looking forward to a WAR! Boxing Wins!

Comment

Originally posted by Sctrojan View Post
                Let's get this shiet done RAMIREZ!!! Got him by late KO....here in Vegas trying to score some tickets,wish me luck homeboys!
                Hope you can get tickets bro.

Comment

hows anyone in the UK watching this?

guess i'll just check youtube in morning

Already pay for sky, bt and dazn for boxing **** paying more than that

Comment

Man, we're actually getting an undisputed fight on ESPN!

Comment

Working...
                    X