Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hunter On Skipping Hrgovic Fight: Triller Just Gave Me Something I Could Not Deny

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hunter On Skipping Hrgovic Fight: Triller Just Gave Me Something I Could Not Deny

It made better business sense. That's Michael Hunter's simple explanation for why he withdrew from an IBF heavyweight elimination match with Filip Hrgovic recently to fight an unknown, 38-year-old opponent on the Teofimo Lopez-George Kambosos Jr. undercard. Hunter has drawn criticism for pulling out of a fight that could've made him the IBF's mandatory challenger for one of Anthony Joshua's titles, but the American contender isn't concerned about what's being said or written about his 10-round pay-per-view fight with Mike Wilson on June 19 at loanDepot Park in Miami.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Disappointed but not surprised. Hunter knows what he’d be dealing with going against Hrgovic. He wants to stay undefeated as long as possible and make more money. This’ll be another underwhelming opponent added to his resumè.

Comment

Originally posted by VashDBasher View Post
      Disappointed but not surprised. Hunter knows what he’d be dealing with going against Hrgovic. He wants to stay undefeated as long as possible and make more money. This’ll be another underwhelming opponent added to his resumè.
      Hunter isn't undefeated and his career has been a lot better than Hrgovic's. Actually, he's the only one of the two to have fought anybody. Mike Wilson sucks but I'm interested to see where the Triller deal takes Hunter. The guy deserved to be picked up by someone.
      Oldskoolg Oldskoolg likes this.

Comment

Used to have a lot of time for Hunter ...

Comment

Originally posted by VashDBasher View Post
          I hear you. He's not undefeated (loss to Usyk at CW) but the risk isn't worth the reward for Hunter. A relatively small payday to fight a dangerous opponent, not sure how much he's getting for the Triller fight but he's in awfully easy against White Delight.

I'm a big fan of Hunter and think he'd have a good shot at beating Hrgovic. I understand the logic of his decision but it is a bit disappointing.
          FLY TY FLY TY likes this.

Comment

It's very telling that i had to google "MIke Wilson Boxer" because just typing his name gave me a hockey player and a politician instead.

Comment

I never want to hear another word from this guy. He just pissed on a golden opportunity to go and fight an absolute bum instead. He can try to explain it all he wants. But it's a duck. Nothing else.

Comment

I hope triller becomes a force in AMERICAN Boxing. I hope they actually take the time to do promotion and advertising and make an attempt to reach the American sports fan. Throwing money at fighters with no long term plan had already been proven fruitless. Id like to see triller make some deals with a network so we can get weekly boxing at the contender abs prospect level...bring back to Tuesday Night Fights concept
                !-1 !-1 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by thetruthteller View Post
                  I never want to hear another word from this guy. He just pissed on a golden opportunity to go and fight an absolute bum instead. He can try to explain it all he wants. But it's a duck. Nothing else.
                  Yes it is but really does he believe his chances of winning were great ? I’d say no .

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post

Hunter isn't undefeated and his career has been a lot better than Hrgovic's. Actually, he's the only one of the two to have fought anybody. Mike Wilson sucks but I'm interested to see where the Triller deal takes Hunter. The guy deserved to be picked up by someone.
                    I agree. Hunter is very talented and showed what he’s capable of against Povetkin. I would have liked to see him build off of that momentum after that fight. I’m sure Triller gave him an offer that he couldn’t refuse.

Comment

Working...
                    X