Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tommy McCarthy: No Problem Fighting Chris Billam-Smith - It's Easy Work!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Tommy McCarthy: No Problem Fighting Chris Billam-Smith - It's Easy Work!

Manchester - Tommy McCarthy successfully defended his European cruiserweight title for the first time by stopping Alexandru Jur in the sixth round, twice flooring him with body shots.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Should be a good money earner. The British title is currently vacant so if the BBBofC can be persuaded to sanction it we could have another British, Commonwealt & European championship fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Mick Higgs View Post
      Should be a good money earner. The British title is currently vacant so if the BBBofC can be persuaded to sanction it we could have another British, Commonwealt & European championship fight.
      Whats your feeling on the fight? I'm a fan of both but think it's a bad style matchup for Tommy. I think CBS is too strong and determined. He hits hard and is very physical.

Comment

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post

Whats your feeling on the fight? I'm a fan of both but think it's a bad style matchup for Tommy. I think CBS is too strong and determined. He hits hard and is very physical.
        I think it's 50/50 which makes it such a good matchup. I'd give CBS the power edge, so maybe late KO.

Comment

Chris Billam-Smith is not easy work. Tommy McCarthy coming across as an idiot, saying stuff like that.

Comment

I just recall both of their rights against Riakporhe, McCarthy was boxing well up until the stoppage but couldn't handle the power of Richard. I thought CBS should have nicked the decision against a thoroughly gassed Riakporhe, and they could have deducted a point or two for the constant holding by the London fighter.

McCarthy looks much more fit and focused than I've seen him before but I'm just thinking it's a bad matchup for him.

Comment

Working...
            X