Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Burgos: The Fans Spoke Louder Than The Cards, Glad To Have Given Them An Exciting Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Burgos: The Fans Spoke Louder Than The Cards, Glad To Have Given Them An Exciting Fight

Juan Carlos Burgos isn't claiming he won the fight but will vehemently argue that he did far more than for which the judges gave him credit. The former three-time title challenger saw his stock soar in defeat after a hard-fought 10-round unanimous decision win over undefeated junior lightweight prospect Xavier Martinez. Burgos was a late replacement for countryman Abraham Montoya, taking the fight on two weeks' notice and delivering a memorable performance Saturday evening at Dignity Health Sports Park in Carson, California.
    [Click Here To Read More]

The fans were cheering because you were from Mexico while your opponent was from the USA. You were beaten. You made it entertaining and it seemed closer than the scores because the rounds were close but rounds lost are rounds lost. You didn’t win no matter what the nationalist crowd thought

Comment

Best Burgos fight I've ever seen. Guy deserves some easy fights instead of being a stepping stone.

Comment

I thought the cards were way too much in favor of Martinez. It could even have been a draw. They always go with the younger boxer because he'll have more time to make the promoters money. Any way you look at it though, I thought Burgos deserved better. And that's why the crowd booed their tails off.
        greeneye99 greeneye99 likes this.

Comment

Interesting too that there was nothing said about the Espinosa Roman fight. I thought Espinosa was going to go right through Roman. But Roman kept his cool and ramped up slowly until he was in control and had Espinosa bloodied. Then, after, Roman donned that hat with the price tag still on it...class :-)
          Mammoth Mammoth likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
            The fans were cheering because you were from Mexico while your opponent was from the USA. You were beaten. You made it entertaining and it seemed closer than the scores because the rounds were close but rounds lost are rounds lost. You didn’t win no matter what the nationalist crowd thought
            Good close Fight!
            Fyi
            You weren't there live in the arena.
            You can't say anything about Fans
            Behaviour

Comment

You see what a warrior can do with 2 weeks notice?? Mexicans are warriors, no excuses.
              Richie_R Richie_R likes this.

Comment

That was Burgos’s best performance in a long time. He fought his heart out and gave Martinez plenty of trouble. I was impressed by his performance.

Comment

Working...
                X