Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Figueroa: I Envisioned I Was Going To Beat Nery, Envisioned That I'm Going To Fight Fulton

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Figueroa: I Envisioned I Was Going To Beat Nery, Envisioned That I'm Going To Fight Fulton

Brandon Figueroa has spent his entire career listening to people tell him what he can't do, only to continue to prove them wrong. That trend held true Saturday evening following a 7th round knockout of previously unbeaten WBC junior featherweight titlist Luis Nery at Dignity Health Sports Park in Carson, California. It's a storyline he expects to resurface ahead of his September 11 title unification clash with WBO champ Stephen Fulton.
    [Click Here To Read More]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_CYdTmj7lA
    eco1 eco1 likes this.

Comment

Well done young man, and what a beautiful solar plexus punch that would have made Bob Fitzsimmons proud

Comment

It did not look like Fig was going to take this fight early on but once again he proved me wrong. If this guy ever starts to use a jab and work the outside distance it would be very interesting but he wins gets a bit busted up judges may not have him winning but got it done took the judges out of it real fast no dispute when Nery went down he was down.

Comment

So does this mean Nery envisioned himself losing?

Comment

Originally posted by Unidentified View Post
            So does this mean Nery envisioned himself losing?
            No, he just got his azz whooped & soul taken

Comment

It was a perfect storm. Figueroa's dedication vs Nery's lack of discipline, but it was hard to watch. Figuroa is art less, crude, and frustrating. I can imagine him getting outboxed, but he better not move up where his size wont be an advantage.

Comment

Fig dont even use his size to his advantage. And it is true he is hard to watch in a fight, I never liked the guy and yet he gets the win's and moves on up. eventually he will have to move up in weight with his age and size I would think it may force the move up. EH not someone I really follow too many fighters out there to watch. Next week now we got a nice card coming up there.

Comment

I knew Fig would put the wham on Nery. Yeah, hard to watch poor defense on his part though. But volume punching wore Nery down.
                  Looking at Fulton at his walking around weight, made me think there was some bigness to him compared to Fig. But when the time comes, don't count Fig out.
                  He's won so many yet he's still so under rated. Fulton knows what's ahead now. He'll have to bring it.

Comment

I knew Figueroa was going to win Nery had trouble making weight a reoccurring issue Brandon stays in the gym and yeah he gets hit a lot something he needs to work on but he's still young. He seemed to have much better success offensively and defensively when he was fighting out of the southpaw stance so maybe he needs to stop switching so much. I favor him over Fulton, Leo was giving Fulton problems in spots but he didn't have the power to keep him off Brandon punches harder and throws just as much volume should be a good fight it's 50-50.

Comment

Working...
                    X