Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Fulton: Figueroa's Style May Overwhelm Nery A Little Bit; I've Got Him Edging The Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Fulton: Figueroa's Style May Overwhelm Nery A Little Bit; I've Got Him Edging The Fight

By Keith Idec - Stephen Fulton will be one of the most interested observers seated Saturday night inside Dignity Health Sports Park. The undefeated Fulton is scheduled to fight the winner of Showtime's main event, a 12-round, 122-pound title bout between unbeaten champions Luis Nery and Brandon Figueroa. Fulton doesn't have a preference, but the WBO junior featherweight champion told BoxingScene.com that he thinks Figueroa will win a close fight in Carson, California.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Intriguing matchup between 2 youngs undefeated brawlers. It's a 50-50 fight! Figueroa is much bigger, with longer reach, but he's a little bit soft physically and he love to fight inside too much... Luis is more faster, explosive and has more experience.

Both are full of flaws, but I consider the WBC champ Nery to be less worse...

Pantera by TKO 11 in a street fight!

Comment

This is a major step up in competition for Figueroa, are his match makers sleeping on Nery or do they see something I don't? Other than the size advantage, figueroa's level of opposition has been absolutely dismal compared to what Nery brings, who is undefeated, proven at the top level and a ferocious puncher.
      landotter landotter likes this.

Comment

He has a point. Nery’s power doesn’t seem as effective at this weight and not against the top. By no means is he a weak puncher but I don’t think it will translate to terrorising young Figueroa who knows how to use his size and physicality to bully opponents Max this fight has the makings of a fight of the year candidate anf I would love to see the young Texan pull it off

Comment

Tomorrow night's card looks juicy! Figueroa vs. Nery should be a war! Can't wait for August 14th! Looking forward to RIgo vs. Casimero! PBC let's get it!
          Oldskoolg Oldskoolg likes this.

Comment

Interesting pick from Fulton. I believe Figueroa’s high work rate will frustrate Nery early on, but Nery will figure him out by the 5th round. This will be a close fight with Nery winning by SD. Fulton will beat the winner of this matchup regardless.

Comment

Figueroa looks thin. Could be growing out of this weight class. But I still see him wearing down and knocking out Nery. If that doesn't happen then maybe he needs to move up in weight.

Comment

Nery and Canelo are bull strong amigos!

Comment

Figueroa is going to get hurt. Zero D

Comment

Wishful thinking by Fulton

He HOPES Figueroa wins this but deep down he knows he's facing Pantera Nery in September. And that, gentlemen, is what he's dredding.

Comment

Working...
                    X