Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Daniel Roman: I'm The WBC's Mandatory For Nery-Figueroa Winner; You Can't Skip Me!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Daniel Roman: I'm The WBC's Mandatory For Nery-Figueroa Winner; You Can't Skip Me!

By Keith Idec - Daniel Roman feels like a forgotten fighter. The former IBF/WBA 122-pound champion appreciates the six-figure purse he'll collect for a fight Showtime will televise Saturday night. But when the network released its extended schedule of fights last month, Roman noticed that the winner of the main event Saturday night between Luis Nery and Brandon Figueroa is slated to box unbeaten WBO champion Stephen Fulton on September 11.
    [Click Here To Read More]

If Roman gets past Saturday, I'd like to see him matched up with Aleem possibly for the WBA regular since Figueroa is "unifying??" against Nery. The winner could get the shot against Akhmadaliev and eventually undisputed

Comment

Unification's out trump mandatory's so it looks like the Fulton fight's a goer. Roman is rated #3 with the WBA & #6 with the IBF, so instead of sounding off about fighting for the WBC belt why not throw the gauntlet down to Akhmadaliev?

Comment

“But you can’t skip me. I’m the mandatory for the WBC. They have to give me the chance – I earned it. I won the mandatory [position] back in September, so I’m still here. I don’t know why they’re skipping me already.” - Daniel Roman

How did the WBC make him the mandatory, yet they have him ranked #2?
        Get em up Get em up likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
          “But you can’t skip me. I’m the mandatory for the WBC. They have to give me the chance – I earned it. I won the mandatory [position] back in September, so I’m still here. I don’t know why they’re skipping me already.” - Daniel Roman

How did the WBC make him the mandatory, yet they have him ranked #2?
          Roman will have to wait in line because WBC will tell him straight out unification trumps mandatory

Comment

Roman’s going to have to wait in line. Fulton is already guaranteed the winner of Nery/Figueroa. After that, Michael Conlan is set to face the winner between that one. MJ is also in the picture. I’d love to see MJ vs Fulton for undisputed.

Comment

Originally posted by Get em up View Post

Roman will have to wait in line because WBC will tell him straight out unification trumps mandatory
              I just don't understand the WBC nowadays! How is he the mandatory, but Carlos Castro is WBC #1? Who did Castro beat to become WBC #1 Contender?

Comment

Happy to get Roman back in the picture, would like to see a 2nd fight with MJ at some point

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                  I just don't understand the WBC nowadays! How is he the mandatory, but Carlos Castro is WBC #1? Who did Castro beat to become WBC #1 Contender?
                  These alphabet organizations are wacky and inconsistent when it comes to their rankings. At least The Ring’s rankings are fairly consistent compared to them.

Comment

Originally posted by BigZ44 View Post
                    Happy to get Roman back in the picture, would like to see a 2nd fight with MJ at some point
                    Me too. I had him winning their first fight. Was a fun fight as well.

Comment

Working...
                    X