Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Luis Ortiz: Would Love Nothing More Than To Face Andy Ruiz

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Luis Ortiz: Would Love Nothing More Than To Face Andy Ruiz

Luis Ortiz appreciates the fact that Andy Ruiz is at least looking in his direction. The next step--actually securing such a fight--has always been the hard part for the two-time time challenger. California's Ruiz (34-2, 22 KOs) openly discussed options for his next fight almost immediately after returning to the ring this past weekend. The former unified heavyweight titlist soundly outpointed Chris Arreola (38-7-1, 33 KOs), recovering from a 2nd round knockdown to soundly outpoint the three-time heavyweight titlist this past Saturday at Dignity Health Sports Park in Carson, California.
    [Click Here To Read More]

It's a shame that time passes some of these fighters by. Now that boxing is a business...a lot of good fights never get made. You are basically fighting a champion or waiting on the sidelines hoping to fight a champion. There never seems to be other fight options for anyone....let alone Ruiz.

Comment

Translation: al haymon has hired me to be the next pbc patsy diver to lose to fatso ruiz. i know haymon uses me a like a ho only for pbc in house set ups, so i'm happy with this small payday but i would have really preferred the much bigger payday vs AJ or Fury or Whyte - but i sold my cuban soul to al haymon and i have to take the crumbs he gives me and keep shilling the pbc line.

Comment

Originally posted by Monzon99 View Post
        Translation: al haymon has hired me to be the next pbc patsy diver to lose to fatso ruiz. i know haymon uses me a like a ho only for pbc in house set ups, so i'm happy with this small payday but i would have really preferred the much bigger payday vs AJ or Fury or Whyte - but i sold my cuban soul to al haymon and i have to take the crumbs he gives me and keep shilling the pbc line.
        Ortiz would SOUNDLY beat Ruiz

Comment

Unless Ruiz shows significant improvement from the Arreola fight or unless Ortiz simply got too old, the geezer should win this one. Ortiz is much more technically sound than Arreola, is a southpaw, and likely hits harder.
          landotter landotter likes this.

Comment

.. based on what 5 years ago beating Bryan Jennings , he hasn't beaten anyone currently in the top 40, his last opponent was ranked 170 odd in the world, he wasn't even a good amateur.

Originally posted by chepboxingking View Post

Ortiz would SOUNDLY beat Ruiz
            Slowhand Slowhand likes this.

Comment

Another fight we shouldn't be talking about because it will never happen. Ruiz will talk about wanting to fight the best, then fight another bum next. And Ortiz will do the same. The end

Comment

Originally posted by DougalDylan View Post
                .. based on what 5 years ago beating Bryan Jennings , he hasn't beaten anyone currently in the top 40, his last opponent was ranked 170 odd in the world, he wasn't even a good amateur.

Well, assuming father time hasn't caught up with him yet, he is a much superior boxer than Ruiz. I lile Ruiz, but he has them short lil t-rex arms lol. Ortiz would pick him apart like Joshua did and probably finish him in the later rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by chepboxingking View Post

Well, assuming father time hasn't caught up with him yet, he is a much superior boxer than Ruiz. I lile Ruiz, but he has them short lil t-rex arms lol. Ortiz would pick him apart like Joshua did and probably finish him in the later rounds.
                  I don’t think Luis has the legs for the tap and run Joshua did. Good fight nonetheless.

Comment

Where is Charles Martin? Where is Kownacki? Are they retired or what?
                    Why is Ortiz waiting for a guy who just fought recently?
                    He'll be back 6 months to a year, who the hell knows?
                    What is uncle Al doing with these people? Why not just let them go?

Comment

Working...
                    X