Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Saunders: Didn't Feel Out Of My League, Got Caught With A Good Shot And Couldn't See

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Saunders: Didn't Feel Out Of My League, Got Caught With A Good Shot And Couldn't See

Billy Joe Saunders has offered his first comment since the lone defeat of his career. The former two-division titlist was not in a position to provide a post-fight interview due to the severity of the injury he suffered in an 8th round stoppage loss to Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez this past Saturday at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas. Saunders literally leaned into a brutal uppercut which fractured his right orbital bone in three places, with his condition leaving head trainer Mark Tibbs no choice but to stop the fight.
    [Click Here To Read More]

There must be a lack of calcium and vitamin d in the British diet with all those orbital bone fractures to British fighters lately

Comment

Early on billy was having success but the tide was turning towards a grim end the longer it went on . He would have been stretched out if he carried on for sure

On a side note I don’t think I’ve seen a fighter make so many people butt hurt since broner . Billy’s poop breath jokes really pizzed everyone off

Saunders did his job to create a hype about the fight and gave the Mexicans something to cheer about on Mexican weekend Broken face load of money everyone’s a winner
      W1LL W1LL likes this.

Comment

BJS was in the fight but Canelo was starting to take away some of BJS movement and activity.

Comment

Was just a matter of time. Canelo was just feeling him t and you could see those wide body shots landing more and more.
          If they didn’t stop it he was in for a highlight reel KO in round 9.

Comment

Wait Canelo used egg weights look at the dent, those gloves, and his trainer and the ref was out to get him .. come on man get with the excuses.

Comment

Originally posted by Straightener View Post
              Early on billy was having success but the tide was turning towards a grim end the longer it went on . He would have been stretched out if he carried on for sure

On a side note I don’t think I’ve seen a fighter make so many people butt hurt since broner . Billy’s poop breath jokes really pizzed everyone off

Saunders did his job to create a hype about the fight and gave the Mexicans something to cheer about on Mexican weekend Broken face load of money everyone’s a winner
              I wouldn’t say the tide was turning, Billy wasnt actually having much success between rounds 2-4. He started getting into it more between 4-7.

Saunders three best rounds were the ones before the eighth when he got caught. One shot changed the fight completely. Even the first half of the 8th round was pretty close until he got caught.

Not saying he would’ve gone onto win, Canelo looked like he could move through gears but BJS was certainly getting a bit better as the fight went on, doesn’t really matter though, It’s a 12 round fight and he got caught with a good shot and it ended.

Comment

So basically, just like Canelo/Khan.

Just how I said it would go.

Comment

Saunders next fight will be for the vacant WBO 168 belt fighting against a retired pot bellied 154 pounder who you never heard of. The beginning of another legendary title run for the ***** re-tard.

Comment

Well, it is encouraging that he has now spoken 'And is wanting to get back'.

I don't think technically he was out of Alvarez's league, but physically? He was just not strong enough.

Muscular strength, and structural. Muscle adapts faster than bone, I honesty don't think Alvarez would inflict those sort of injuries on past super middleweights.

Queen_Leia Queen_Leia likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X