Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: I Think Saunders Would Have Been Badly Hurt in Next Round

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hearn: I Think Saunders Would Have Been Badly Hurt in Next Round

Eddie Hearn, promoter for former two-division champion Billy Joe Saunders, believes his boxer would have been badly hurt had the fight continued with Mexican superstar Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez.
    [Click Here To Read More]

There's not a shadow of a doubt he'd have ended up seriously hurt if he'd continued.

Comment

Hearn obviously means that BJS would have been "even more seriously hurt" in the next round. BJS deserves all the grief he's getting for quitting on his stool. "You know what they say about being nice to the right people on the way up? Sooner or later you're going to meet them coming down."

Comment

I would have quit too. The moment that punch landed both boxers knew. The world knew because the damage was apparent right away.

Comment

I don't have any sympathy for his previous comments but ...

i) Why didn't a doctor stop this, someone stopped the Sanchez fight and the ref stopped the Takayama fight .. they both looked fine to continue.

ii) If Billy did fight on and got injured even worse and boxing would pay for it with health and safety arguments in future fights,

iii) He was finished possibly won't box again .. we get to see a couple more punches if he carries on.

iv) There are some youtube videos on what happened and what could have happened if he took another punch .. it ain't good.
          I have no ears I have no ears likes this.

Comment

Don't understand why anyone would think it wise to come out for the 9th. How many fractures of your eye socket does it take to call it a day? Canelo is the best in the business ffs. No shame in a 2nd half TKO.

Comment

I think he was already pretty seriously hurt by anyone's standards...

Comment

It's obvious he would have been stopped had he stepped out for the ninth round. I don't criticise Saunders and buy the talk of him going out on his shield. That eye socket is severely damaged, and probably now already operated on.

I know he said a few bad things in the past, but yeah, he hopefully won't do that again. If he doesn't continue his career, he had a good one, and made a few million dollars I'm sure.

I don't think Callum Smith did any better. Smith survived the distance but at least Saunders won a couple of rounds or more.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                  I would have quit too. The moment that punch landed both boxers knew. The world knew because the damage was apparent right away.
                  It was. The punch, his body's reaction and the immediate damage were all very obvious.

Comment

Saunders already went out on his shield - that shield he went out on was broken which is the shield to his vision and brain. I don't like Saunders but there are some @ssholes on this web site that don't know sht about this type of injury.

Comment

Working...
                    X