Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Trainer: Saunders Was Starting To Build Momentum When Eye Injury Came

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Trainer: Saunders Was Starting To Build Momentum When Eye Injury Came

Mark Tibbs, trainer for former two-division world champion Billy Joe Saunders, said it was very difficult to stop the fight with Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez. The two boxers were colliding in a unification clash for the WBC, WBO, WBA super middleweight titles.
    [Click Here To Read More]

No he didnt. He was tiring and the number of clinches started to increase from round 5 onwards.
    with the knowledge that saunders usually fades badly in the second half, he had no shot of winning.
    Verus Verus likes this.

Comment

I had BJS up 4-3 going into the 8th round. Of course he really wasn't on the actual cards, as expected.
      flojspot80 flojspot80 likes this.

Comment

BJS had his moments. Gave him 2 rounds at best, but Canelo outworked him with the meaningful shots per round like 4:1. This is why GGG fans gravitate to an only jabs performance. Judges don’t see it that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
          I had BJS up 4-3 going into the 8th round. Of course he really wasn't on the actual cards, as expected.
          Lol. Right, but for years u had Canelo beating GGG, yet u can’t distinguish ratio of shots comparison between rounds for Canelo BJS? Don’t be mad that Davis’ career didn’t go as planned. I’ve witnessed your change of character

Comment

Originally posted by asgarth View Post
            No he didnt. He was tiring and the number of clinches started to increase from round 5 onwards.
            with the knowledge that saunders usually fades badly in the second half, he had no shot of winning.
            Yes, that's exactly how I seen it and, like Thuglife, only had Saunders down for winning two rounds as Canelo walked him down.

Comment

I had BJS with no more than two rounds also -- but most of the rounds were close. He was doing OK, but it's not like he was hurting Canelo. Made Canelo swing and miss a few times and landed a few nice combos, but BJS was definitely slowing from the bodywork and it was only going one way even if his cheek held up.

Comment

If that were true he wouldn't have been so battered by such a huge disparity in the 8th rd(statistically BJS worst rd/Canelos best Rd of the fight by miles,& the punch happened at end of the rd)

Comment

Cameo was starting to put the heat on. Only one winner. I wish Saunders a full recovery.

Comment

It never felt like the fight was out of Canelo's control. I gave BJS rounds 4&5 but even then Canelo was landing shots to the body & sticking to his gameplan to break Saunders down. If the stoppage didn't happen the way it did, it was just gonna happen another way.
                    Marchegiano Marchegiano likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X