Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo: I Knew Saunders Was Not Coming Out, I Broke His Cheek

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Canelo: I Knew Saunders Was Not Coming Out, I Broke His Cheek

There is only one fight on the table, explains promoter Eddie Hearn. On Saturday night at the AT&T Stadium in Arlington, the WBC, WBO, WBA super middleweight titles were unified when Saul "Canelo" Alvarez (56-1-2, 38 KOs) stopped Billy Joe Saunders (30-1, 14 KOs) in eight rounds.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Canelo didn't even sit down in that round. He was telling something to Reynoso before the stoppage. He knew that he had connected solid.

Comment

Wow...he knew he had broken Billy's cheek! That's why he started pumping up the crowd and didn't even take a seat after that eighth round. Sick...

edit: the above poster beat me to it
      Last edited by Quercusalba; 05-09-2021, 11:15 AM.

Comment

That’s pretty legendary stuff right there.

Comment

He must have felt something give under his fist. Kind of sick to think about.
          Nomadic Nomadic likes this.

Comment

Dayyum, he's become a real savage in that ring. Reminds me of that (fictional?) Tyson quote about pushing someone's nose up into their brain.

Comment

Canelo is a bad man inside that ring

Comment

That’s why he started waiving to the crowd at the end of the round. He had no fear as he saw BJS was seriously hurt.
                He stayed standing as he knew if BJS came out he was ripe for the stoppage.

Comment

That was an explosive punch. Canelo, in terms of his toughness and ability to take a punch, is extraordinary. He's never been knocked down. It's only possibly a big puncher like Beterbiev who could put hurt on him. I didn't mention heavyweights, because that would be too much for Canelo.
                  garfios garfios likes this.

Comment

Well we’ll well, what can I say....hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah aha!!!!!!lol LOVL LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!
                    im very pleased for Alvarez, he went and done what everyone on the planet knew he would. It’s no shock, it actually showed everyone on the planet
                    what level who is at.
                    saunders is a decent domestic level boxer with zero power and that’s it.
                    alvarez on the other hand, demonstrated how strong and patient he is especially, as he was throwing harder later in the fight.
                    I believe saunders thought in the early rounds he was winning and could absorb the shots but I think in round 6 you could see on saunders face the difference in the real power up punches canelo was then throwing. I will relish that look of sheer fright on his face.
                    there are many on here saying he was winning and oh what a good performance and yes! A good performance was not enough so you have to say to yourself, he’s on a different level.
                    the game plan was chit. Canelos game plan was the usual, have a look, be patient, work a few things out and let the bombs go.
                    why would a fighter go into a fight and start blasting every shot? It was only a matter of time before connection. He turned up the power because he could and why? He very economical with his energy. Saunders, wasn’t even using a jab, he was peppering his right hand around to try and take away canelos view and hope judges were pickin these as scoring. We can all move around and away but whenever canelo countered, saunders grabbed him.
                    he went in there scared chitless.
                    chris eubank junior is going to shred him over this and especially the nastiness towards Daniel Dubois.
                    this kunt is finished as any kind of boxer because all opponents from now on will aim for that eye and ya never know, he may become a YouTube star for
                    degradation of women.
                    not a role model and good riddance.

Comment

Working...
                    X